Restored email has content deleted

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
garyk
Rattled Rabbit

Restored email has content deleted

Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:54 pm

I am using MailWasher Pro 7.12.54. When I restore accidentally deleted mail it shows back up in my MailWasher Inbox but when I download that email there is no content left. It just has the header info an no other content. Any ideas?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Restored email has content deleted

Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:03 pm

MailWasher only retrieves a portion of each email, so when you restore it only has that portion to return. Under Settings >> General >> Checking Mail >> set the Spam Throttle to 500 lines >> Save. That should help as MailWasher will bring in 500 lines per email, however it would only work on messages deleted since making the change.

Cheers
garyk
Rattled Rabbit

Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:15 pm

When I say "download" I mean when I download to my PC in using Outlook not in how many lines I can preview within MailWasher. Will changing the Spam Throttle change the amount of lines that are downloaded to Outlook after restoring an email after an accidental delete in MailWasher?

Thanks
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:19 pm

garyk wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:15 pm
When I say "download" I mean when I download to my PC in using Outlook not in how many lines I can preview within MailWasher. Will changing the Spam Throttle change the amount of lines that are downloaded to Outlook after restoring an email after an accidental delete in MailWasher?

Thanks
Yes. With it set to 500 lines, that means when you delete the message in MailWasher, it will have the 500 lines of data in storage.

Outlook will always retrieve the 'full' email, so you're telling MailWasher to store more of each message, which in turn means more of the email gets restored.
garyk
Rattled Rabbit

Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:22 am

Thank you. Mine was set to 200 lines. I changed it to 500 lines and did some test deletions and restorations. A few of the restored emails had important things missing so I set it to 9999 lines. That seems to restore most everything. I've been using MailWasher for more that 10 years and I didn't realize that deleting and restoring would lose some of the content. Just out of curiosity where are the deleted messages stored? I always thought they were still on my mail server and MailWasher was just ignoring them when I deleted them. Apparently that is not the case.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:10 pm

If you delete a message in MailWasher, it stores the content in a database file, which is the same content it uses to restore.

Note, with the 9999 setting, if you receive a lot of large emails (several MB in size) then it will noticeably slow MailWasher down, while it deal with the extra information.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”