Mailwasher screen is trashed

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
LloydEwing
Rattled Rabbit

Mailwasher screen is trashed

Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:38 pm

What happened to my Mailwasher? I have been using it without serious problems for years, but this evening when booted the computer the formatting of the Mailwasher screen is a total mess. It looks like all of the screen formatting I had set up to make the program convenient and useful has been lost.

There was also some kind of message about a 10 day trial offer for the Pro version of Mailwasher that I did not ask for or want. I do not notice any other unusual problems with the computer (Win 10).

Is there some way to restore my settings without going through the long process of figuring out each one? Is there some way I can prevent this from happening again?

Thanks very much for any help or advice,
Lloyd
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mailwasher screen is trashed

Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:19 pm

Check first under Help >> Registration >> that the license is being properly picked up.

It does sound as though the display file may have become corrupt, when this happens MailWasher reverts to the original display, and generally cannot be restored.
Was your account information still in tact, or was that also lost ?
Do you also run any kind of cleanup software, designed to remove old unwanted files ? We've had issues in the past with those cleaning up files that are meant to be kept.

Cheers
LloydEwing
Rattled Rabbit

Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:27 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.
When I click on Help > Registration it shows a box which I cannot copy here because the right-click is disabled. The box starts with

Thank you for Using Mailwasher You have been using all of the features of Mailwasher Pro for the last 7 days
Further down it has buttons for Buy It Now and Get It Free Powered by Trial Pay
At the bottom it has an empty space for entering a registration key

It doesn't say anything about whether a previous license is properly picked up. It looks like it wants payment for Mailwasher Pro.
I do not remember noticing any kind of message 7 days ago telling me that I was beginning a free trial.

My E-mail addresses are still in the settings so that when Mailwasher initially started it read the list of files for my inbox normally. It is the formatting and page layout of the Mailwasher screen that are the problem, It must have taken well over an hour of frustrating mousing and going through all of the menus before I felt like I could use Mailwasher. (Part of my problem is that my mouse left-click button is a little flakey, but I prefer to put up with that problem rather than use the alternatives I have found for to this particular mouse.)

I do not run any special cleanup software. The only automatic file maintenance I use is provided by the Windows 10 defaults and Windows Defender,

Searching through my old E-mail messages I see that I was having very similar problems back in June of 2017, when I sent messages to Firetrust support. At that time I would have been using a different computer system and a different version of Windows.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:46 pm

OK, it does sound like MailWasher has de-registered, email support@firetrust.com with your license, and Jeremy I expect will be on to it quick.. I say this as I'm dropping off-line now.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”