MW not deleting mail on the server

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Peter
Active Albatross

MW not deleting mail on the server

Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:45 am

When I check Mail with MW, then chose Wash Mail, is it not supposed to delete those emails on the server (which is my ISP)? Thus avoiding having my email client (Thunderbird or Pegasus) having to download them to my computer? This is how it worked for a long time, but recently has not been doing so.

If I have Mailwasher set to IMAP, washing the mail simply removes the messages from Mailwasher, but leaves them on the server. I can not find any option in Mailwasher to leave the messages, or not leave the messages on the server.

If I set Mailwasher to POP3, washing the mail does nothing at all. Neither in Mailwasher nor on the server.

Any suggestions to what I need to do to encourage MW to clean everything off the server that I have selected to Delete would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Peter
Cheers,

Peter
Peter
Active Albatross

Re: MW not deleting mail on the server

Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:16 pm

I see that his problem was described earlier by a few people, and they were asked for logs to be sent to Chris. I have just done so. Technical info Win 7 x64 (still), newest version of MW, logging on under imap. If I try Pop 3, it downloads about 300 or more emails that are still sitting on the server. But when I try to Wash Mail, nothing happens at all. It does not even get washed from the Mailwasher list.

Under Imap, MW downloads the most recent ones that have not been washed by MW, but the 300+ are still on the server and most of them were supposed to have been deleted. I could use my client (Pegasus) to clean up all the old stuff, but that will be pretty tedious. MW will be much more efficient.

Help will be much appreciated!
Cheers,

Peter
Peter
Active Albatross

Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:44 pm

Having now read to the end of the other thread, I have just sent an email to forum@firetrust.com containing the MWP.zip file referred to in your reply to Tonstar on Sept 23, 2021. Thank you for your patience in reading through this mess of messages.
Cheers,

Peter
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:02 pm

Hi Peter

I'm not seeing any errors or issues in the logs. Can you first try and delete some emails using IMAP in MailWaasher, then run another Check Mail in MailWasher, then send another set of logs, same as you did before.

Cheers

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”