Wash doesn't delete mail

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
BSM48
Rattled Rabbit

Wash doesn't delete mail

Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:35 am

I am running MW 7.12.54 under Win 10.
Yesterday MW changed. Where before when I either checked my default mail account or washed the mail MW would delete mail that had already been processed, it now leaves the mail in situ.
I now have to delete the items individually.
I can't find a setting so as to restore MW back to its original function.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Wash doesn't delete mail

Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:46 pm

Hi there

Can you clarify for me please.
Are you saying MailWasher used to delete emails fine, and the emails it deleted were also deleted from the email program you use ?
Or are you saying, you delete emails in MailWasher but these deleted messages are still being retrieved by the email program ?

Cheers
BSM48
Rattled Rabbit

Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:43 am

Hi
Sorry for the delay in responding. I didn't get a notification.
Previously, when I clicked Wash mail MW would open my Thunderbird client and delete the emails (from MW). I would then download the emails in TB.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:41 am

So in MailWasher under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> is the account listed at the top as POP or IMAP ?
Also the same in ThunderBird, under Tools >> Account Settings >> then select Server Settings on the left >> on the right at the top, it will list if it's POP or IMAP.

Thanks
BSM48
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:04 am

Both MW and TB are set up for POP3 and have been for years. I have made no changes to either MW or TB settings.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:08 pm

BSM48 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:04 am
Both MW and TB are set up for POP3 and have been for years. I have made no changes to either MW or TB settings.
Sure thing, so just check the settings in ThunderBird, maybe an update has altered something.
Under Tools >> Account Settings >> Server Settings >> be sure the options to Check at Startup, Check Every xx Minutes and Automatically Download New Messages are switched off.

If you want ThunderBird to remove messages off the server when it downloads, then be sure Leave Messages On Server is not checked.

Restart ThunderBird after making any changes.

If that still fails to behave as you expect, can you send me some logs in MailWasher. To do that go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'as per forum bsm48' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs.
Also reply back here once the logs are sent, so we can confirm they arrived all OK.

Thanks

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”