Emails still appearing in MW Pro ?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
_Chris_
Travelling Tuatara

Emails still appearing in MW Pro ?

Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:04 am

I've switched from POP to IMAP and all outlook emails now getting downloaded to my desktop and mobile, so all fine there, but the emails are not disappearing from MW Pro once downloaded, like they used to? (There's now a few 100 in there). How to fix please?
Mailwasher Pro is brilliant!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Emails still appearing in MW Pro ?

Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:39 am

With IMAP, all emails are left on the server until deleted, which is why MailWasher keeps loading the emails. To help this you have a couple of options to tweak.

Under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> make sure MailWasher is also using IMAP at the top >> then under Advanced you can set how many days of emails to load. If I recall the default is 7 days.
There is a setting to Download Read Email, off by default. This means if you read a message in Outlook, if will have it's READ flag set and MailWasher will no longer load it.
MailWasher also only loads Inbox messages, so if you move a message from the Outlook Inbox to a subfolder, it will no longer be visible to MailWasher.
epack
Active Albatross

Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:04 pm

This is the same problem I reported a few weeks ago. I check about 50 addresses (don't judge :) and ALL are verified POP, both in MWP and my email client. Yet as I type there is at least one message out there that came in on November 20 (today is December 15) and the remaining 21 messages are date stamped December 7. I have no idea either why they are not coming in, they are all sent to my usual addresses, all POP. And nothing significant happened on December 7, email-wise. Most of the 22 msgs weren't important or did not need a reply, being newsletters, etc, and the few others I did need to reply to, I manually opened them in MWP and copied the text to my email program :(

I've tried clearing and reloading the list but nothing has helped.

elaine
Huntersville NC
----
Elaine Pack
Huntersville, NC
MWP 7.12.67 on Windows 10 Pro machines
epack
Active Albatross

Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:04 am

Is there any way to get the ones that are "stuck" back into the swing of things? Have them re-evaluated? I realize I can just delete them, but there should be a way to "release" them. Again, they are all POP, were never IMAP, including in my email program.

elaine
Huntersville NC
----
Elaine Pack
Huntersville, NC
epack
Active Albatross

Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:25 pm

If I unload MWP, ie, exit completely and not have it running, then try to get my messages that appear to be stuck there, will they be released?

elaine
----
Elaine Pack
Huntersville, NC
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:56 pm

Sorry, missed these replies.
MailWasher doesn't hold messages from the client, so closing it down shouldn't matter. Is there something in the email client that might be preventing the download ? Maybe a blocked message list or some kind of filter.

Also if you check the webmail for one of these accounts with the stuck message, does that show the same message ?
epack
Active Albatross

Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:10 am

There hasn't been anything new on this, as best as I can tell. I still have a number of messages from different senders via different email accounts, sent *December 7*, sitting out there, which never came in, although others are coming in just fine to the same addresses, and are being passed normally to my email client. I have no problems just killing them, but why is this happening? All my accounts are set up as POP both in MWP and my email client.

elaine
----
Elaine Pack
Huntersville, NC

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”