Messages not being released?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
epack
Active Albatross

Messages not being released?

Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:10 pm

Still trying to get my new laptop back to square one with MWP 7.12.57. When I scan for inbounds, it finds a goodly number as usual. However, most but not all of the good ones make it to my email client (Pandora, a new Eudora look-a-like but built from the ground up) as they always have before. As best as I can see, all the settings are identical to what's on the old machine, and of course I haven't changed Pandora's settings. Right now I see several messages that hit MWP on 11/15 to my main email acct, and they are still sitting out there in MWP as good ones, not a spam, but it never came into Pandora. Others have done this too, but the majority do pass on into Pandora uneventfully, including to this particular account. I've tried clearing the msg list, just in case, but nada, they don't budge.

Not sure how or if I can release them, ideas?

TIA
elaine
Huntersville NC
Last edited by epack on Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----
Elaine Pack
Huntersville, NC
MWP 7.12.67 on Windows 10 Pro machines
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Messages not being released?

Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:05 pm

Can you try first viewing the account on webmail and confirm the messages are in the Inbox ?

Are you using IMAP in MailWasher (Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming) ?
epack
Active Albatross

Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:35 am

At least one of the "blocked" messages is indeed still on the gmail server. I *always* use POP, FWIW, and did verify that all my accounts in MWP are indeed set to that. Ditto in my client. I'm more familiar with POP, as it happens, and have used both programs, MWP and this client and others for YEARS. This is the first time I've had this happen.

elaine
----
Elaine Pack
Huntersville, NC
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:56 pm

OK sure thing.
In MailWasher check under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> that Store Cached Email is not checked, if it is, uncheck >> Save >> Restart MailWasher.

You also want to check here https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/#settings/fwdandpop that
2. When messages are accessed with POP
Is set to keep GMails copy.

If it's still not working as expected, try removing the account from MailWasher >> Restart >> add the account back (also be sure to uncheck Store Cached Emails as above)
epack
Active Albatross

Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:42 pm

BTW, the message that was not coming in is *still out there* in MWP, since 11/26. I was able to respond to the sender, a friend, by copying the text into my normal email app, but it's really weird it's still showing in MWP (I'd deliberately left it there to see if/when it would actually come in).

elaine
----
Elaine Pack
Huntersville, NC
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:46 pm

Sorry, catching up on things.

Is very odd. I wonder if you could ask this person to send you a message, see if that loads in MailWasher and not in Pandora, or have they sent you a message since and all things are working as expected on other messages ?

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”