mailwasher and gmail

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
pamifi
Rattled Rabbit

mailwasher and gmail

Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:16 am

How are the settings in mailwasher pro 7 to get my gmail account working
I would like to use mailwasher because I got a lot of unwanted email. So I need a clear explanation how to get it working.
thanks in advance, Paul :(
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: mailwasher and gmail

Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:10 am

MailWasher should set the settings properly when you enter the GMail address, but you will need an App Password. Your main GMail password stays the same, the app password is used in programs like MailWasher
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

Also note in the settings below, there are two options, one Download Read Email, when checked this will retrieve emails that have been flagged as Read, off by default.
Also how many days of emails to retrieve, if you leave old messages in the Inbox, this helps reduce the load as MailWasher will only load messages from the last xx days.

gmail.png
gmail.png (48.68 KiB) Viewed 4607 times
Elektra
Active Albatross

Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:16 am

I just received your mail discussing how to get Gmail working in MW.
I never setup the 2-step verification you talked about and, as far as I am aware, Gmail still works. If Google was rejecting it, would I not get an error warning in MW?

On a slightly different subject, if you have another mail address (I have several), would another way around this be to set your Gmail account to redirect all mail to a secondary address?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:30 am

Elektra wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:16 am
I just received your mail discussing how to get Gmail working in MW.
I never setup the 2-step verification you talked about and, as far as I am aware, Gmail still works. If Google was rejecting it, would I not get an error warning in MW?
You can have the Less Secure Apps option set to ON instead https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps which I expect is what you currently have setup.
But GMail have begun rolling out 2 Factor Authentication to be required, so once that happens it no longer is an option.
On a slightly different subject, if you have another mail address (I have several), would another way around this be to set your Gmail account to redirect all mail to a secondary address?
Yes, that would work if GMail was forwarding/redirecting. Some email providers also offer a service where it will check mail from other accounts, they usually do this using POP to access so that could also work if they have OAUTH working, or otherwise the same criteria as MailWasher applies.

Cheers
gran
Student Sheep

Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:48 pm

I just put gmail in my MWPro7 as a second email <expletive deleted>. Now all mu mail from the first account is going to gmail!!! Why? I cant figure it out.
anuonw out there can help. If not ,Ill get rid o fthe gmail and keep my original email account alone.
gran
Student Sheep

Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:56 pm

Added question to the emails going to gmail when they should be going to my outlook account. I had check both emails on the bottom that
says "include in the default mail check." Would that be the reason the first main email account, has its emails going to gmail, even thouth they
are addressed to my outlook account?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:46 pm

gran wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:56 pm
Added question to the emails going to gmail when they should be going to my outlook account. I had check both emails on the bottom that
says "include in the default mail check." Would that be the reason the first main email account, has its emails going to gmail, even thouth they
are addressed to my outlook account?
Can you clarify what you mean by going to your GMail account ? Maybe send me some screenshots if you like to forum@firetrust.com
mdelloli
It begins with a single step

Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:05 am

when I open Mailwasher, the only emails I see are from Gmail and nothing from Outlook

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”