Mailwasher disappears from systray

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
dkodgis
Student Sheep

Mailwasher disappears from systray

Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:08 am

In the last week, Mailwasher is not in my system tray meaning it is not loaded. I load Mailwasher at startup, it is there, I see it go through my accounts, and I review the results, then minimize it. Even if I Ieave it open, the same thing happens within a minute: the MW icon disappears from my systray. I have to relaunch the app to see it go through my email accounts and wash, display. As soon as I minimize MW, and I go back to the systray in a minute...MW is gone, unloaded. I relaunch it, it loads, and then a minute later it is gone after I minimize it. Is anyone else seeing this behavior? Suggestions on how to fix it?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mailwasher disappears from systray

Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:49 pm

If you hit CTRL + SHIFT + M, does MailWasher appear ?

If so, then MailWasher will still be there running, but I think the Sys Tray icon is being hidden. This link has details on how to set programs icons to stay showing. https://winaero.com/always-show-tray-icons-windows-10/

Otherwise, it could be MailWasher crashing. If you send me some logs via Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'tray icon vanishing' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs >> reply back here once sent, so I can check they arrived all OK

Cheers
dkodgis
Student Sheep

Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:47 am

I will send you the logs and reference this.

Ctrl shift M brings up facebook messager

What surprises me is when I do ctl alt del to check the loaded processes, Mailwasher is not there. What also surprises me is when I reload MW, there is no before screen telling me it looks like MW crashed and thus no indication anything is wrong. A kneeslapper here.
dkodgis
Student Sheep

Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:55 pm

What a surprise. Your link from winaero.com was spot on. For reasons unknown...yes, the mailwasher systray icon was set off (not to show). So were a few others. Go figure why.

I set the MW systray icon to show, and now MW stays loaded, and all is well. I guess when the MW systray icon was set not to show and I was minimizing it, the program unloaded. Now when I do the three key combo, yes...MW does pop up/open. It is all good. Thank you for the help/your suggestions. Great support!

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”