How to have "Blacklist" bounce...

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
inMoonbeam
Rattled Rabbit

How to have "Blacklist" bounce...

Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:20 am

My blacklist is crazy big. I know these dummkopfs keep sending post using difference addresses (bobaloo@1.com, bobaloo@2.com, et al). Is there a way to have any repeats from the "Blacklist" to keep bouncing?

Regards from Wellington, ON Canada!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: How to have "Blacklist" bounce...

Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:34 pm

There's no way in MailWasher to automatically flag messages for bouncing any more. Our reasoning is that the bounce is no longer an effective anti-spam feature.

It still has it's uses making legitimate senders think the address is no longer valid, which is why we've left it in.

You can of course select multiple messages and click the bounce checkbox, or use the B hotkey to flag the selected messages for bounce.

Cheers
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: How to have "Blacklist" bounce...

Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:12 pm

rusticdog wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:34 pm
There's no way in MailWasher to automatically flag messages for bouncing any more. Our reasoning is that the bounce is no longer an effective anti-spam feature.

Just confirming this about bouncing being ineffective. As far as I can see, spammers don't pay any attention to bounce messages.

A couple of years ago I took over a web site. At the time I took over, it had 2 functioning email addresses. To make my life easier, I switched the site so that all email came to one address. And as a result found that I started getting spam for addresses that hadn't been used in years!

So for years, certain addresses had been bouncing because they just didn't exist, and still the spammers kept using them.

Since your spammers are unlikely to be any "smarter" than mine, I wouldn't bother bouncing.
Windows 10

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”