Mailwasher Pro does not delete washed good emails from Mailwasher inbox

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
themrburns
It begins with a single step

Mailwasher Pro does not delete washed good emails from Mailwasher inbox

Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:03 pm

Hi there,

Version 7.12.67 Pro on windows 10 latest

I have used Mailwasher since 2006 and never had a problem until last year when I had a machine failure and had to restore from my daily backup.

The issue I have had ever since is an annoying one but surmountable each time.

It is:-
When washing emails, the ticked to delete emails delete accordingly and Mailwasher kickstarts Outlook 19 and Outlook 19 downloads remaining good emails. However when I review the Mailwasher Inbox the good emails are still in the Mailwasher inbox and I have to manually delete them. (tick and wash them).

Clearly something is wrong but I have no idea what.

Appreciate any help in solving this.

Cheers
mailwasher.png
mailwasher.png (7.79 KiB) Viewed 2227 times
F1boatman
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Mailwasher Pro does not delete washed good emails from Mailwasher inbox

Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:27 am

Hi there,
Mine is doing the same, not picking up emails on the sever before being shown on Outlook and also missing lots.

Version 7.12.67 Pro on windows 10 latest
F1boatman
Rattled Rabbit

Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:56 pm

I have just seen that this was not checked
Attachments
MailwasherPro.jpg
MailwasherPro.jpg (34.73 KiB) Viewed 2148 times
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:20 am

themrburns wrote:when I review the Mailwasher Inbox the good emails are still in the Mailwasher inbox and I have to manually delete them.
I certainly am not an expert here, but one of the advantages (disadvantage?) of IMAP is that it allows you to access your email from different devices. For example, from your PC at work, your smartphone, and you computer at home. And if you delete it at work, the email stays on the server where you can view it again from home. With POP3, if you delete it at work, it is gone unless you change the default to keep it.

Perhaps before, you had POP3 or you changed the default with IMAP and told it to delete the emails once deleted by a device
F1boatman wrote:Mine is doing the same, not picking up emails on the sever before being shown on Outlook and also missing lots.
What? That is not the same thing at all! Please read the OPs issue again, then start your own thread with your problem. Note your problem typically happens when Outlook is set to check mail automatically. It should be manually only when using MW.
Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Image Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
─────────────────────

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”