Checking one email account for authentication with HostGator taking over one minute

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
ClearlyRobert
Travelling Tuatara

Checking one email account for authentication with HostGator taking over one minute

Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:30 am

I've been using MailWasher Pro 7.12.29 for a while and MailWasher Pro in general for a multitude of years.

I'm having difficulty with a huge delay occurring every time I check mail… This delay is a result of one email account taking forever for SSL authentication. This one authentication is generally taking over one minute on a very fast computer with a very fast Internet connection of 215megabits per second.

In talking with HostGator, their tests on this account show no delay.

I've got the same kind of delay when checking that same email account using my notebook computer albeit that the delay is more like 35 or 40 seconds instead of over one minute.

When bypassing MailWasher and checking email directly with Thunderbird, I see zero delays in the authentication. This makes me believe that the problem child is MailWasher.

I have cleared the cache in MailWasher but no joy.

Do any solutions come to mind??

Thanks!

Robert
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Checking one email account for authentication with HostGator taking over one minute

Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:20 pm

Hi Robert

I wonder if there is another account MailWasher is stalling on, that is giving this impression.
Check first that all the accounts MailWasher is checking are going OK, that is there is no errors in the Event Log showing an account failing to logon.

If that seems OK, fire through some logs. Go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'as per forum' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs >> reply back here once sent, so I can check they arrived all OK,

Cheers
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Checking one email account for authentication with HostGator taking over one minute

Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:27 am

OK got the logs, there are some accounts failing to logon which is what will be causing this delay. As they are timing out being unable to connect, that's why the delay seems long. If MailWasher could connect but had a wrong password the result would be much quicker.

The accounts failing are
good_photo
authorquestions

If you check those settings for the accounts under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> or remove them if they are no longer valid accounts, that should get the speed of things back.
ClearlyRobert
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:40 am

Excellent… That was the problem and now problem solved!

Many thanks for your speedy help,

Robert

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”