MW7 Pro not washing emails on server

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
emmrecs
Travelling Tuatara

MW7 Pro not washing emails on server

Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:11 pm

Running version 7.12.67

This is a problem I have occasionally seen before but now is becoming more than a small nuisance.

Specifically, mail I have marked in MW for delete is disappearing from the MW Inbox but still appears in my Outlook Inbox. Outlook is set to NOT automatically check for new mail, indeed I have to use F9 to start the Send/Receive process after MW has "opened" Outlook.

Also, Outlook is set, in its Account Options, to delete messages from the server after 5 days. I have checked (via my Webmail access) that emails back as far as about April 11th are still on the server, but MW no longer shows them. I also have two other (business) accounts; neither has received any emails today (and their webmail listings show older emails as being still stored) but MW no longer lists them, as it used to do.

In addition, at every email check by MW, the Events screen shows "Unknown error" "High priority" but no further details, so I cannot link it to any one or more of my accounts.

Also, and this may well be related to the above problem; I have recently received, in Outlook, totally blank emails; no to or from or subject. I received another one this morning. In my Webmail (so on the server) I see it shown as also blank, but with a size of 77KB!! Could this and other seemingly "phantom" emails be causing the error?

Thanks for any and all ideas and advice!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: MW7 Pro not washing emails on server

Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:02 pm

OK could we get some logs, I suspect the Unknown Error you are getting is relevant.

I would first clear that phantom email in webmail in case that is causing a fault.

Then assuming it still is not working/getting the error go Help >> Send Support Logs >> in the description enter 'as per forum' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs >> reply back once sent, so we can check they arrived all OK

Cheers
emmrecs
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:14 pm

Hi.

Many thanks for this.

Log files sent. No error messages this morning.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:05 pm

Sorry for the delay, cheers for the logs.
They do look good though, as you say, no errors.

First try going into Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> Advanced >> uncheck Store Cached Emails >> Save. DO this for all the accounts, then restart MailWasher.

Also next time you notice the Unknown Error, can you send me another set of logs as you did above.

Many thanks
emmrecs
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:09 pm

Once again, many thanks.

Settings changes done. Will see how things go and certainly repost any logs if the Unknown Error reappears!

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”