"global network of users reporting unsolicited email"

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
LodeHere
Mystified Moa

"global network of users reporting unsolicited email"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:58 am

The above subject line is part of this:
Message Signatures:

FirstAlert! Global Spam Database. Adding to MWES’s comprehensive, multi-layered approach, MWES uses the FirstAlert! global spam database –a 24/7 operation which makes use of a global network of users reporting unsolicited email.

It can be found here:
"What filtering mechanisms does MailWasher Server use?"
https://firetrust.kayako.com/en-us/arti ... server-use

Now I wonder if I can somehow contribute to that global network using my Mailwasher Free.

Having enjoyed using Mailwasher for I don't know how long, even some years in the past for reporting spam to SpamCop -no longer, as my ISP began to bounce the confirmation emails send to me by SpamCop, and my ISP could not fix it- is it possible that by marking some emails as spam that were not detected as such, and washing them as well as the detected ones away, I already contributed to that global network without knowing it?
Or do I have to use specific settings for that?
Or do I misunderstand that information about a global network?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: "global network of users reporting unsolicited email"

Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:35 am

We don't have the feature to report any more via MailWasher Pro/Free.
Instead MailWasher Server users can configure it to report the spam through to the database.

If you wanted to try and get SpamCop up and running again, I would setup a free GMail account, and use the SMTP settings for that account to send the reports through, as far as I know GMail allow these to be sent.
LodeHere
Mystified Moa

Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:11 pm

Thank you kindly for your response.

I used my website domain, but found out I would also need my own server to utilize Mailwasher Enterprise Server, but being a home user I don't have that. So I uninstalled it.

I had to integrate my Gmail with my Google account and then was able to access my Gmail again, and enabled SMTP. but I don't know how to proceed.

I have "Report" checked in my Mailwasher, but the colored icon -which by default has an "s" in it- does not appear in the red spam bar (don't know what that's called).
One has to check that icon if I remember well to have it forwarded to SpamCop.
Last edited by LodeHere on Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LodeHere
Mystified Moa

Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:03 am

It looks like I'm not going to report again to SpamCop. Which is fine as I now again hardly receive spam.

But if somehow Mailwasher could again do what Mailwasher Enterprise Server does -that spam one flags as such is stopped for the whole community- that would be great.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”