skip messages already marked for deletion

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
steveshank
Mystified Moa

skip messages already marked for deletion

Wed May 25, 2022 8:54 am

A new problem is occurring. I am getting literally thousands say 2,000 to 5,000 identical spam emails every day. They are not necessarily the same each day, but each day Mailwasher Pro is deleting about 5,000 emails almost all of which are identical, sent at the same time and already marked by the server for deletion. This takes too long. I don't like waiting. Is there a way, or a feature request if not, to tell Mailwasher to ignore messages which are already marked for deletion? Then I'll be back down to my 60 or so spams emails each morning.

I've checked by going into webmail and the messages are there, marked for deletion and if I'm remembering correctly, in a deletion folder already. What I want is, if it is marked for deletion, then let the server do the deletion option.

My email client does not download those messages.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: skip messages already marked for deletion

Fri May 27, 2022 1:54 am

I'm not really sure I follow, how are these messages showing as marked for deletion in the webmail ?

Are you able to tag these emails with a Custom Filter ? It could just be creating a filter, setting that to atuodelete the emails, and then when MailWasher checks for messages it will delete them before loading, so you'll never really know they are there, except for the time MailWasher needs to process the deletions...

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”