Previously OK items get flagged as spam

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
keiths
Mystified Moa

Previously OK items get flagged as spam

Sat May 28, 2022 2:44 am

When I flag a possible spam item as OK, I expect that decision to be remembered. I regularly find that when Mailwasher reopens or rescans it flags 1 or 2 items that had previously been okayed (or possibly had been assessed as OK previously - I don't have any definite details of the history of the item) are now flagged as spam. I then (re)mark them as OK.

How is the learning supposed to work? Are the rules morphing such that a new scan gives different results to a previous one?

I leave my messages on the mail server for a while as they may be accessed by several computers/phones.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Previously OK items get flagged as spam

Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:50 pm

Yes, you're understanding is correct.
MailWasher will store a trained message when you press Wash Mail, so just changing the flag isn't enough.

Do you have any kind of cleanup software on the machine, that could be looking to remove 'unnecessary' files. Avast I believe has one that wipes out important MailWasher files.
keiths
Mystified Moa

Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:14 pm

Thanks for that - I don't always 'wash' so will do so from now on. I use BitDefender, having previously used Norton. I have noticed MailWasher crashing/shutting down unexpectedly - maybe coincidentally since the switch - (it just has done so when I tried to preview the email alerting me to this post update), and had 'repaired' it yesterday in case of some corruption.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:33 pm

Couldn't hurt to also run a .NET Repair
https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/downloa ... x?id=30135

I don't recall BitDefender hacing a cleanup utility, so keep us posted how you get on.
keiths
Mystified Moa

Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:05 am

I tried the .NET repair, but I'm using Windows 11, and there does not seem to be the repair function that exists on my Windows 10 systems (also .NET 4.8 ). Strange! I guess that's because .NET is an intrinsic part of Windows 11... I do regularly run sfc /scannow as I find that Windows updates seem to upset things and cause sfc /scannow to find and correct errors.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”