Gmail no longer works on MailwasherPro

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
UK JIngles
Mystified Moa

Gmail no longer works on MailwasherPro

Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:30 am

In the last week or so I've been getting this error log when trying to download emails from my GMail account as they have now removed the option for less secure apps..
I've tried resetting password with their 2-step verification and App Password features but still the same......

MailWasherPro.jpg
MailWasherPro.jpg (167.16 KiB) Viewed 4165 times
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Gmail no longer works on MailwasherPro

Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:21 am

The App Password should be working. Try creating a new App Password and place that into MailWasher under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> the other settings stay the same.
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

If you reset your main GMail password, the App Passwords you create will stop working.
lethal42
Mystified Moa

Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:06 pm

I followed these link instructions to the 'T' and I still see 'failed to connect to server' in mailwasher ..even after adding 2-step in google, and generating and using the 'app password', from Google as well.

Something happened with gmail towards the end of May.
Will they ever stop playing with it? Seems like we are all part of a test.
UK JIngles
Mystified Moa

Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:32 am

afraid exactly the same as lethal42....SInce Google turned off "Less Secure Apps" a week or so ago the suggested workaround doesn't work either.......
wingspar
Mystified Moa

Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:19 am

I am still using MailWasher 6.3. It does everything I want it to do, but because of the Gmail BS, I can no longer use MW to access my gmail accounts. I see that the problem still exists with MW 7.12.67, so why would one want to upgrade? Is MW working on this problem to fix it?
Gary
Will Fly for Food
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:21 am

The App Password system will work, are you certain you entered the 16 digit password correct, no spaces etc..
wingspar
Mystified Moa

Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:02 am

I have no idea what “App Password System” is and what is a 16 digit password? I’m looking at an expired trial for 7.12.67 that still seems to work.
Gary
Will Fly for Food
UK JIngles
Mystified Moa

Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:27 am

rusticdog wrote:
The App Password system will work, are you certain you entered the 16 digit password correct, no spaces etc..
Yes entered properly and Dropbox and GoogleMail (in Windows 11 Mail) recognizes it just fine..
It definitely is a problem with Mailwasher Pro 7.12.67 and has only happened since Google turned off the "Less secure Apps" option..
I'm guessing it's a bug that the developers need to look at and fix as its been working fine with my four email accounts since I subscribed last December..
If they manage to provide a proper Fix before December 22nd than I will re-subscribe or does anybody know of any other similar programs that check for spam?

Thanks!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:50 pm

wingspar wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:02 am
I have no idea what “App Password System” is and what is a 16 digit password? I’m looking at an expired trial for 7.12.67 that still seems to work.
Check out the link provided, describes what the app password is
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

UK JIngles wrote:
rusticdog wrote:
Yes entered properly and Dropbox and GoogleMail (in Windows 11 Mail) recognizes it just fine..
It definitely is a problem with Mailwasher Pro 7.12.67 and has only happened since Google turned off the "Less secure Apps" option..
I'm guessing it's a bug that the developers need to look at and fix as its been working fine with my four email accounts since I subscribed last December..
If they manage to provide a proper Fix before December 22nd than I will re-subscribe or does anybody know of any other similar programs that check for spam?

Thanks!

There's no bug we are aware of. When the Less Secure Apps option is removed, you need to use the App Password in MailWasher.
Here's my settings, so you can check if anything is different.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (44.98 KiB) Viewed 4074 times
UK JIngles
Mystified Moa

Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:49 am

rusticdog wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:50 pm

UK JIngles wrote:
rusticdog wrote:

Thanks!

There's no bug we are aware of. When the Less Secure Apps option is removed, you need to use the App Password in MailWasher.
Here's my settings, so you can check if anything is different.

Untitled.png

Yes mine is similar (Just 7 days instead of 14 days)

Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (94.7 KiB) Viewed 4032 times
UK JIngles
Mystified Moa

Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:35 am

**Good News**

Finally fixed (I think) By re-setting the Google App Password again but this time making sure to add the 16 digit password to MailWasher first (before any other apps that need it)
So yes it was originally caused by Google turning off it's "Less Secure Apps" Feature but the mistake I made was not adding it to Mailwasher first (Also you have to have 2 step verification enabled to get a App Password)
Thanks to rusticdog for the help....

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”