How to block or track a message coming via Hubspot that tracks?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
waiwhite
Student Sheep

How to block or track a message coming via Hubspot that tracks?

Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:43 pm

G'day,

I am trying to find a means of identifying a message coming via Hupspot.

The issue is that there are organisations that are using Hubspot to track what the user does with messages.

Basically, Hubspot has data embedded in the e-mail that firstly identifies when the particular message was first opened. Not much of an issue with this, but this tracking code goes on to then log and send back EVERY access to that message is opened. Not sure if this is where things end, or if it then goes on to track any other activity like password access or competitor's web site.

Has anyone managed to write a filter to identify such messages?

I'd appreciate any feedback or pointers. The worrying thing is that this might just be tracked on my system but not the forum. You see, this is a client of mine who has started this, and as I do work for other clients, I don't want any of their data compromised.

I am also going to run this past my Internet Security company.

Thanks.
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: How to block or track a message coming via Hubspot that tracks?

Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:24 pm

Some information on this from the Hubspot web site: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/connected ... k-tracking

Using tiny image files as trackers like this has been around for years.

As MailWasher doesn't open image files, reading the email in MailWasher won't be tracked.

If you can get access to a Hubspot email and see the Hubspot servers in the headers, it should be pretty easy to create a filter that will detect them. But since most of the companies that distribute bulk mail do the same thing (that's why the links in them are so long), this is something that will apply to all bulk mail.
Windows 10
Petersmith5637
Rattled Rabbit

Re: How to block or track a message coming via Hubspot that tracks?

Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:05 am

If you're receiving messages via HubSpot that contain tracking links, there are a few ways you can block or track them:

Block tracking links: You can block tracking links by using a browser extension such as Ugly Email or PixelBlock. These extensions block tracking pixels from loading, preventing the sender from tracking your email activity.

Disable image loading: Most tracking pixels are embedded in images, so disabling automatic image loading in your email client can prevent tracking. In HubSpot, you can disable image loading in your email settings.

View message source: You can view the message source to see if there are any tracking links in the email. In most email clients, you can right-click on the message and select "View message source" or "View email source" to view the HTML code.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”