Deleting Emails not working

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
mwpro1usab
Mystified Moa

Deleting Emails not working

Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:45 am

Okay, after having some serious issues getting everything back up after Google's latest security update, my emails that I checked for deletion don't delete. I get them all on my outlook app, including those I checked for deletion and it makes your program virtually useless. I also checked outlook and there isn't leave copy on server checked. I hope you have an answer for this or I will have to look elsewhere.
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: Deleting Emails not working

Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:29 pm

Have you checked to make sure that Outlook isn't downloading the emails before MailWasher deletes them? Try running MailWasher without starting Outlook and see what happens.

If that doesn't help, in MailWasher use the Help - Send Support Logs option to contact MailWasher support and see if they can see what is going on.
Windows 10
mwpro1usab
Mystified Moa

Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:48 am

I turned off launch Outlook and it seemed to work, then I turned launch Outlook back on after a couple minutes and washed again and got 37 emails again, which didn't work, but I will keep playing with that plan. Could be Outlook or something along those line. Thank you for that insight!
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:20 pm

Looks like you need to set Outlook to only check for new mail when you tell it to.

This looks like the setting that you need: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/off ... f568a918d0
Windows 10
Wizcrafts
Guardian Gecko

Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:01 am

I use Windows Live Mail on my computers. I set the home pc to only check for new mail every 15 minutes. I set the business computer to never check (manually only). The only time I still see deleted messages is on the office pc which is set to leave a copy on the server until I delete it. Once I delete that email in Live Mail, it never comes back in either MWP or WLM. So, check your setting for leaving a copy on the server, and deleting from the server when deleted in the desktop app.
Submitted respectfully by Wiz.
Member of the MailWasher Beta Tester Team
Fighting spam by writing, updating and publishing MailWasher Pro custom filters.
See www.wizcrafts.net/mwp-filters.html
mwpro1usab
Mystified Moa

Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:55 am

Thanks for everyone's help, finally got it working properly after following some of your suggestions!
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:30 pm

Thanks for letting us know!
Windows 10

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”