RE: Sync/Check Issue

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
shazinoz
Rattled Rabbit

RE: Sync/Check Issue

Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:47 pm

Hi All

I've been a happy MW user for many years but since upgrading my email exchange to MS 365 (which has therefore apparently changed it from a POP3 to an IMAP account), I've had issues & have had to all but abandon using MW completely.

I have Inbox subfolders & Rules for EVERYTHING within Outlook itself but previously, all new emails would just come through when checking mail in MW. I could then filter/wash accordingly & send them on to Outlook where they would go into their applicable folders.

Since the change, MW only picks up any emails that DON'T go to specific folders (eg ones I've not created rules for) MW suggested I change the IMAP Accounts setting for spam checking by ticking all my subfolders there however when doing this, MW then retrieves ALL emails ever received going back over a decade!!!!

I understand that IMAP is picking up the server exchange whereas POP3 couldn't do that but surely there must be a way to display/wash just all new emails received, as before ????

-
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: RE: Sync/Check Issue

Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:35 pm

In the MailWasher settings, in the Incoming tab for the account, you can select the download period for IMAP accounts (you may have to open the Advanced section at the bottom of the tab to see this).

That might be a reasonable workaround.
Windows 10

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”