MW Pro not receiving emails from gmail accounts?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
_Chris_
Travelling Tuatara

MW Pro not receiving emails from gmail accounts?

Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:55 pm

I know there was a problem with this a couple of months ago, which resulted in me having to input the new 16 character passwords for each gmail account, which then worked and I could then use MW Pro happily as I have done for over 12 years, but this morning, none of the gmails are downloading into MW Pro, so what is it this time?
Mailwasher Pro is brilliant!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: MW Pro not receiving emails from gmail accounts?

Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:29 pm

It may just be a temp glitch, or is it still not working ?
I know my GMail account is still going OK using the App Password as you mentioned above.

Nothing else has changed you can think of, you didn't accidentally revoke the app passwords ? If you logon to the GMail account and go here https://myaccount.google.com/security under "Signing in to Google" it lists if you have any App Passwords active.
_Chris_
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:14 am

rusticdog wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:29 pm
It may just be a temp glitch, or is it still not working ?
I know my GMail account is still going OK using the App Password as you mentioned above.

Nothing else has changed you can think of, you didn't accidentally revoke the app passwords ? If you logon to the GMail account and go here https://myaccount.google.com/security under "Signing in to Google" it lists if you have any App Passwords active.
It's still not working and this is for 7 gmail accounts, 1 of them for business! :(

Any other ideas, from you or anyone else?
Mailwasher Pro is brilliant!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:41 am

Are any accounts working in MailWasher ?
I would try first uninstalling >> answer Yes to keep your data files so nothing is lost >> then download and install a fresh copy
https://www.firetrust.com/products/mail ... o/download

If that still fails, under Help >> User Files >> Logs >> if you could ZIP and email me a copy of the folder named after todays date to forum@firetrust.com

Cheers
vinicio
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:26 pm

Same thing.
Since yesterday Mailwasher has stopped working, already tried everything. The error it generates is this:

Description: An unknown error has occurred. MailWasher is unable to determine the cause of this error.

Diagnosis: <EVENT><NAME>MWPEXCEPTION</NAME><ID>13c7a8ecd0136e982c5832147fbe8561</ID><DT>2022-08-31 09:14:19</DT><MWPEXCEPTION><UID>Exception 26cd0aba7f516e7d158875dbf8dd78d8</UID><AID>Acct593749478</AID><SOURCE>PPOPservice::TestAccount </SOURCE><MESSAGE>exception - unknown error</MESSAGE><ADDXML><TYPE>TESTACCOUNT</TYPE><SEVERTYPE>POP3</SEVERTYPE><HOST>imap.gmail.com</HOST><PORT>995</PORT><ACCOUNT_TEXT>xxxxxxx_gmail_com</ACCOUNT_TEXT><ACCOUNT>Acct593749478</ACCOUNT><USER>xxxxxxx@gmail.com</USER><LOGINTYPE>1</LOGINTYPE><SSLMODE>1</SSLMODE></ADDXML></MWPEXCEPTION><ORDINAL>0</ORDINAL></EVENT>
vinicio
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:46 pm

SOLVED!!

With the help of the great assistance, we found that Avast Antivirus is blocking Gmail

Thank you!!!
bigpimp347
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:48 pm

Hi..
i have had the same issue since yesterday with Gmail and Yahoo accounts.
GMX and Hotmail were fine.

i found this forum today (after checking the obvious help in MW)
and thought, AV causing the issue, naaah..
so i disabled my AVG and low and behold, i have emails again..

after changing my 12 digit code about ten times and two accounts and banging my head against a wall at Yahoo,
it seems it could well be in my case AVG..

now to find out why..

thanks for the post.
I want to die like my Grandad did, Asleep.
Unlike his passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”