Mail Not Being Removed In Gmail

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
DaveOzric
Student Sheep

Mail Not Being Removed In Gmail

Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:29 am

Hello, something has changed recently, and it's probably Google. After deleting the emails in Mailwasher the emails are still showing in my inbox on Gmail.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mail Not Being Removed In Gmail

Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:35 am

Check first you are using IMAP in MailWasher, under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> there is a toggle at the top to change between IMAP and POP.

If that's not the issue, can you let us know how you are viewing the emails in GMails Inbox, browser, email program etc..
DaveOzric
Student Sheep

Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:24 am

Hello, I have not used POP email in over 15 years. I've been using Mailwasher for longer than I can remember.

I use a program called eM Client for my four primary Gmail accounts. I think this is what happened. After deleting the mail in MW some of the messages remained in eM Client's inbox. I checked Gmail and the mail was in the All Mail folder.

This issue is recent and not consistent. It's happened a couple of times now. Gmail has been acting strange lately, anyway. I'll keep my eye on it, and if it happens again, I'll let you know exactly.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:36 am

OK sure thing.

You can ignore the GMail, All Mail folder as this is an archive of all messages, even ones you delete. Only look at the Inbox, or other folders you might be checking in MailWasher.
DaveOzric
Student Sheep

Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:44 am

I'm just saying they were in that folder. I don't fully understand how MW works with Gmail. Does it send the mail to the trash or..?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:51 am

You can set MailWasher to move messages to a deleted/trash folder, but by default it marks for delete, then issues the expunge command which 'permanently' removes the message.

GMail is different than pretty much every one else, in that it also keeps every message in the All Mail folder, so messages MailWasher deletes will still be in there.

Next time you notice the issue, have a look at emClient and see if doing a refresh if the Inbox removes them from display.
Another possibility is MailWasher encountered a problem, thought it had deleted the messages but if that final 'expunge' command is not issued, they will remain.
DaveOzric
Student Sheep

Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:47 am

I see. Thanks for that info.

I did refresh. I also did a complete folder repair.

Thanks

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”