Verify only new emails

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
berapard
Student Sheep

Verify only new emails

Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:24 am

Hi everybody,
Is it possible to verify only new emails (newer than x days) in order to accelerate the checking process ?
Thanks for your help
Regards
Philippe
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Re: Verify only new emails

Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:39 am

I am assuming you regularly close MW with a bunch of messages in the grid. That really is not the best way to use MW. It is not meant to be for extended storage of your emails. It is meant to be a short-term middle-man - like airport security - like airport security rejecting the bad guys and letting the good guys through.

You should process your messages regularly (daily, or several times a day). That is, once you have tagged and deleted those you don't want to keep, you should run your regular email program and pull those left in the grid down to your regular email program. This empties the grid so next time you start MW, or clear the grid and check for new messages, there will be only new emails to verify/process.
Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Image Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
─────────────────────
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: Verify only new emails

Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:32 am

berapard wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:24 am
Is it possible to verify only new emails (newer than x days) in order to accelerate the checking process ?

Yes, for IMAP accounts there is a setting for this in the account set up - see the Download period setting (above the red box in the screenshot).

MailWasher - 2022_0905 - Move deleted messages into folder.jpg
MailWasher - 2022_0905 - Move deleted messages into folder.jpg (48.02 KiB) Viewed 1077 times

I hope that you'll forgive my reuse of an existing screenshot.
Windows 10

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”