standard browser settings in Mailwasher

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
salto
It begins with a single step

standard browser settings in Mailwasher

Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:42 pm

Is there an option/setting to define my standard browser (FireFox) to open links in Mailwasher (7.12.67) ?
When I click a link in the HTML preview, sometimes the link is opened in Internet Explorer. Is this Mailwasher behavior, or is it related to the format of the link in the linking site ?
Thank you for your kind interest.
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: standard browser settings in Mailwasher

Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:37 pm

From memory, MailWasher uses the Windows defaults for a protocol when opening a link in an email.

So you can either go into the Windows Settings and check the default application for the likely protocols, or if you've got an example email where this is happening, check the default application for that protocol.

And if that doesn't work, then I've misremembered. Sorry! Post back again and hopefully someone will have a better answer.
Windows 10
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:45 am

My memory on this is hazy as well.

MailWasher uses the default browser whenever possible, which is why it's Firefox mostly.
But because the HTML renderer is IE based, if windows thinks you are opening a 'child' window, it opens another IE window.

Now if I recall right, using right click, or middle mouse wheel button could open IE ? Or it's that some emails are written in a way where it says to open a child window.

We are working on getting this behaving nicer whenever possible too.
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:22 am

We are working on getting this behaving nicer whenever possible too.
And for sure, the next version of MW should never ever attempt to call up IE - or even know what IE is.
Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Image Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
─────────────────────

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”