New user ? - How to automatically get Friends emails

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
dbish
Rattled Rabbit

New user ? - How to automatically get Friends emails

Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:11 pm

I am new to MailWasher and have what I hope is an easy question. My goal is to have emails from senders on my Friends list be allowed to automatically be accessed by my email client (Thunderbird). Thunderbird is set to poll the underlying email server (mail.realnames.com) every minute. As I have played with MW I see that sometimes Friends senders are sent through and sometimes I need to hit the wash button. Is there a setting to control this behavior? Is there a different mail server for example, - xxx.mailwasher.com) that Thunderbird should poll or some other approach?

Thanks

dbish
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: New user ? - How to automatically get Friends emails

Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:51 am

MailWasher is designed to provide you with a protected environment where you can review all your email, and delete anything bad, before you then download the remaining good email to your email client (Thunderbird, in your case).

So setting Thunderbird to check for new email every minute means that you are skipping MailWasher and just downloading all the email, good or bad, in your account. If you're using IMAP, you will still be able to see the email in MailWasher, but since it has already been downloaded to Thunderbird, if there are any bad emails, they'll be in Thunderbird just as if you weren't using MailWasher.

So turn off the automatic email checks in Thunderbird. If you really need to check your account every minute, get MailWasher to do that (Settings - General - Checking Mail), and then once you've reviewed the email in MailWasher, then download it to Thunderbird.
Windows 10
dbish
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:24 am

Thank you for the reply. Perhaps MW is not what I am looking for. I want to put a barrier between the email server and my email client. Senders on the whitelist automatically go through, senders on blacklist automatically deleted, and all others senders in the middle are caught by the filter for further review before allowing them to email client. I was trying to configure MW to do that - perhaps it is not possible.
dbish
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:21 am

As a followup - how should I configure Thunderbird to get the washed email?
dbish
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:18 pm

Never mind. Figured it out. Thanks for your help.
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:06 pm

dbish wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:24 am
I want to put a barrier between the email server and my email client. Senders on the whitelist automatically go through, senders on blacklist automatically deleted, and all others senders in the middle are caught by the filter for further review before allowing them to email client.

MailWasher isn't designed to provide a largely automated process like this. You can achieve that result, but it requires some manual intervention, rather than being the largely automated process that you seem to desire.
Windows 10

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”