Issues importing Office 365 accounts and MWP7

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Drew Waits
Rattled Rabbit

Issues importing Office 365 accounts and MWP7

Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:17 am

Hello support team,

I'm working on behalf of a client who is trying to up their security game, and mailwasher seemed like a perfect tool in doing so. The problem is that no matter what I try, I cannot get MW to connect to the email accounts they use.

Relevant information:
- The user is using Win10, Outlook 365 (which is managed through GoDaddy, if that matters)
- I have tried using the defaults when importing, I have tried the suggestions from some research to use "outlook.office365.com". I have ensured POP was enabled on outlook.com and tried Pop. I ensured SSL was used.
- With some configurations, it fails to connect immediately, back to idle. With the default, it reaches out for about 20 second, then fails and idles.

I'm coming to the conclusion that there must be some kind of configuration error either in the Exchange settings, or what I'm doing with Mailwash. But I'm leaning on the former.

Any help would be appreciated!
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: Issues importing Office 365 accounts and MWP7

Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:34 am

MailWasher v7.12.67 doesn't support OAUTH for Office365, so that is most likely the cause of your problems.

A new version that supported OAUTH for Office365 was released a few days ago, but that had a problem in another area, and so was withdrawn.

I don't know what the plans are, but hopefully someone from Firetrust will be along in a few hours and will be able to provide an update.
Windows 10
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:14 pm

This beta works now for business accounts, unfortunately it breaks being able to view messages in HTML....

http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... _12_89.exe

Under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> Advanced >> you need to set the 365 account to use OAUTH instead of SSL, then follow the on screen prompts to give MailWasher access to check.
Drew Waits
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:30 am

Thanks for the quick turn-around. Is there a public-facing release document or some kind of release feed I can follow to know when the bugs are worked out? My client would like the service, but she's about 20 days into her 90, and I don't want her to feel like she's not even gotten to try the program before she's forced to choose whether to keep it or not.

Is there any indication on when the OAUTH-compatible version would be a standard release? Are we talking weeks or months?

Thanks for the information.
The Cat
Student Sheep

Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:25 pm

I have the 7.12.97 version and it seems that the OAuth option still is not functional. It will recognize my office365 account but the app password is not recognized. It fails to connect to the server.
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:49 pm

The Cat wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:25 pm
I have the 7.12.97 version and it seems that the OAuth option still is not functional. It will recognize my office365 account but the app password is not recognized. It fails to connect to the server.

Try using the normal password. OAuth means that you don't need an app password.

I just set up a new @outlook.com account. I had to enter the account and password in MailWasher, then enter them again in a pop up window that showed the Microsoft log in page, and then approve the log in on my phone. Once I'd gone through that process, everything worked fine.
Windows 10

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”