Mailwasher Auto Download then Filter?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
albert
It begins with a single step

Mailwasher Auto Download then Filter?

Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:53 pm

Looking for a new Spam Filter tool and MailWasher was recommended? From the initial page it seems the only way to use it is to view mail in Mailwasher prior to downloading and then select which emails you want downloaded, is that correct? Ideally I would like a product that simply downloads all my email and then filters what it thinks is spam into a identified spam folder. Also allows one to add emails senders to the spam filter for future spam emails that are not detected. Is this possible with this product.

Reason being I would rather my incoming email go through my Outlook client rules first since looking at all my mail in one long list through your product prior to downloading would be confusing. Any thoughts?
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: Mailwasher Auto Download then Filter?

Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:28 pm

MailWasher allows you to create filters so you could reproduce, in full or in part, the rules that you've got in Outlook. I just checked, and you can set a filter to hide an email that it detects, so if you're confident in your filters, you may be able to set up things so that you don't even see your good email in MailWasher.

MailWasher has good and bad lists, so this should meet your requirement for "allows one to add emails senders to the spam filter for future spam emails".

But MailWasher will always be a manual, rather automatic process. It also requires a bit of an investment at the beginning, when you train it on what is good and bad mail.

This discussion viewtopic.php?f=50&t=53324 that I had with another user may also be useful.

Let us know if we can help further.
Windows 10

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”