Bloated EBWebView folder since v7.12.97

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
atiamplan
Student Sheep

Bloated EBWebView folder since v7.12.97

Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:14 pm

As part of my making regular backups of my important data on my computer, Mailwasher's folder in %appdata% is also backed up. I also monitor my backups for size, so I can take care of any bloat before it grows out of control. Other program's data in the %appdata% folder are also backed up, such as Mozilla (Firefox) - as I said, important data.

I've noticed that the EBWebView folder in Mailwasher's folder has become quite bloated since I've updated Mailwasher to v7.12.97. I suspect that this is a result of use the Edge web renderer.

But I expect to be able to remove bloat as part of my routine maintenance when cleaning with CCleaner and/or BleachBit. I have a batch script that removes other files I regard as bloat and don't want.

So is this EBWebView folder safe to remove? Deleting it doesn't seem to show any ill effects in Mailwasher, but then of course I don't know this for certain as I am not the developer. If it is safe to delete, I shall very happily include it for deletion in my batch script.

I'd be grateful if the Firetrust developers gave us the option to clean out the bloat in Mailwasher. Not all of believe in bloating our systems with unnecessary files and I am one of those of who also shares this view.
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Re: Bloated EBWebView folder since v7.12.97

Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:38 pm

Yes, you can remove that folder or exclude it from backups, upon testing, I see that MWpro re-creates it upon restart anyway, unfortunately windows has stopped support for IE6 and MW needs to run something to display html emails if required so Edge is the next option...

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”