NOT SOLVED ... for now ...CTRL + COPY not working ... long story

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
FireWash
Student Sheep

NOT SOLVED ... for now ...CTRL + COPY not working ... long story

Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:22 am

On Windows 10 - any versions.

Hello
I searched forum but could not find anything.

We all know (at least the Computing veterans) Microsoft NEVER wanted to solve the CTRL+COPY #problem' it almost always had.

One cannot keep resetting Windows Explorer and lose all windows open and waste even more time when working!!!

There are some thing one can do to make it work without resetting explorer, but I noticed - and although it does return to work - sometime in some apps, such as Mailwasher [7.12.97v] it still does not work!

Does anyone know how to fix it for Mailwasher, apart from the obvious?

The reason I am asking is not to fix CTRL+COPY the obvious ways, but to finally avoid that, and in particular when it does not work on Mailwasher while it works for the rest of normal work.

Thanks
M
Last edited by FireWash on Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
FireWash
Student Sheep

Re: CTRL + COPY not working ... long story

Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:24 am

I am going to try this one, never had the time.
https://www.clipboardmaster.com/

Although it does a great job ... if you need this kind of program, it still does not solve the CTRL + C.

Pfff :thumbsdown and mmm it stinks a bit!
Last edited by FireWash on Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
FireWash
Student Sheep

Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:28 am

It seems Microsoct excuse - even thought they said they would fix it a couple of years ago !! - is that too many app to control!

What a stupid excuse. You can have hundreds of apps installed, ONLY the one you use need to be controlled!

Unless... it is about 'a flaw' in Windows security and they 'cannot' talk about it!!

Is it?
FireWash
Student Sheep

Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:59 am

Well, it seems it is only Mailwasher doing this at present.

I often need to copy text from Mailwasher to work faster and quicker than going to email program.

So, I am guessing Mailwasher has a high security when it comes to copy via keyboard?
I understand, it may be to do with trying to avoid key-stroke-logging - possibly !!!
FireWash
Student Sheep

Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:01 am

Sorry for the posting more, but does it have to do with ... maybe ... Mailwasher has a usage for CTRL+C I do not know about?
Right click Copy works though, but defies the reason I and many other - self-trained keyboard user use keyboard to have more control and work faster with less mistakes too.
FireWash
Student Sheep

Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:26 am

Solved for now.
I never knew you can also use CTRL + INSERT, instead of CTRL+COPY!

It now 'also' work on Mailwasher.

I will try it in the future if 'any' other app has this problem.

ADDITION and then I go!:

After I used CTRL + INSERT guess what?

CTRL + C now works again!
FireWash
Student Sheep

Re: NOT SOLVED ... for now ...CTRL + COPY not working ... long story

Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:53 pm

:scratch

Hello
Happy New Year 2023, well one can only hope!!

Anyway, CTRL+COPY seems to work at present, but it is NOT working at all on Mailwasher 'only!

I do have Mailwasher Pro 7.12.97 - I also reinstalled it.

So, it seems you may have a kind of 'protection' maybe?

It does not work at all:

- on preview
- on popup
- on popup in HTML
- on header
- on source code view

Right click works, but I am a keyboard guy for 70% of the job.
I use a lot of CTRL keys, forced myself to learn 25 years ago and go much faster and without mistakes!

Maybe it is something simple to solve at your side?

I will check firewalls etc., but I never changed anything in that area.

Regards
M
kikosoft
Student Sheep

Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:58 am

I always use the <Ctrl-C> key-combination to copy text as well. For me it works in most places, where I need it in Mailwasher 7.12.97 on Windows 11. So in things like the normal "Email Info > General", "Email Info > Source", "Email Info > Spam Tools" and "Email preview > Plain text" tabs and loads of other places.

Copying does not work at all, with the mouse or keyboard, in "Email preview > HTML" tab. I guess this is because this is using a browser (Edge?) to show the HTML and many things are deactivated for security reasons?

The keyboard shortcuts for copying, either <Ctrl-C> or <Ctrl-insert>, also don't work in the entire popup window you get when you double click on an e-mail. I didn't realize this, because I never use these popups. This is strange indeed. I would call this an omission by the programmers. A few lines of Delphi code can solve this problem.
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:27 am

Yes, right you are, it does look like an oversight alright, have added a bug report for this... thanks for letting us know!

Double click any email in MWpros inbox to open the email, select any text and click ctrl C, it does not copy.
Right clicking the text and clicking Copy works, as does Ctrl C in the preview pane.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:23 am

Those who would like to resolve the issue being discussed here, can download the latest βeta shared at the post linked below:—

viewtopic.php?p=162845#p162845 :thumbsup
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”