Mail washer Inbox remains after washing?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
mbrann
It begins with a single step

Mail washer Inbox remains after washing?

Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:37 am

Hi. After washing mail, the good mail is downloaded to my Outlook account. However the good mail remains in the Mailwasher inbox. How do I remove this so it isn't cluttered up with mail that's already been downloaded into my outlook?

Thanks M
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Re: Mail washer Inbox remains after washing?

Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:10 pm

This is usually because of one of 3 things.....

----------------------
First though, please note that Mailwasher does not actually download or keep a copy of the mail, it just checks it on the server and displays a portion of the message so you
can then see if it is spam and decide to delete, or keep it, any mail MW shows is simply mirrored from your ISP's mail server.
----------------------

1.) You just need to check mail again in MWP to clear the screen.

2.) You have got Outlook setup to leave a copy of the message on the server.

In Outlook , click, the File tab, the click 'Info', then 'Account Settings', go to the E-Mail tab, click your account and
click 'Change'. Click 'More Settings' button, then the 'Advanced' tab and uncheck, "Leave a copy of messages on server"

OR:

3.) You have the email account setup as IMAP in Outlook there.

If so, you'll need to change this to a IMAP type account in MWpro also, (if not already) and set MWPro to not download read emails

You can change this within MWpro under Settings>>Accounts, click your email account, click the Incoming tab, and beside "Server Type:" select IMAP in place of POP.

Click save to save changes.

Then click Advanced, and ensure that, "Download read emails" is not ticked there.

Save changes again if any were made.

What this will do, is if IMAP in MWPro and Outlook, after you read emails in Outlook, they'll disappear from MW's view upon it's next Check Mail.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”