MW set to check for 2 days, but is returning an email from 2016

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
The Enforcer
Student Sheep

MW set to check for 2 days, but is returning an email from 2016

Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:54 am

Hi,

I don't know why MW has suddenly started including this email under an "All Time" heading after checking mail for the last 2 days ?
2016.PNG
2016.PNG (4.51 KiB) Viewed 940 times
Cheers,
TE
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Re: MW set to check for 2 days, but is returning an email from 2016

Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:57 am

Assuming that email is indeed older than 2 days....? Possibly a glitch, try logging into this account's webmail page and see if that email shows there? if so, can you either delete it or move it to another folder.

Does it disappear from MW upon it's next mail check?

If not, if the account type within MW is POP, try clicking, Settings>>Accounts, click your email account, click the Incoming tab, and uncheck, "Store cached emails" click Save.

If the account type is IMAP, click, Settings>>Accounts, click your email account, click the Incoming tab, and change the "Server Type" to POP, and uncheck, "Store cached emails" Click Save, return to IMAP and click Save again.

Restart MWPro and let me know if that is any better.....
The Enforcer
Student Sheep

Re: MW set to check for 2 days, but is returning an email from 2016

Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:36 am

Hi,

It's a genuine email that's there from 2016.

I had briefly increased the check mail from 2 to 30 days then back to 2 days again, so that must have upset MW. I have heard of, but do not understand POP/IMAP settings, so before fiddling with those, I restarted MW and that has got rid of the email from MW's display.

i will let you know if it returns.

Thanks once more.
TE

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”