Moved from 6.4 to 7.12.199 - Questions

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Griffin
Rattled Rabbit

Moved from 6.4 to 7.12.199 - Questions

Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:05 am

Hi
Not exactly a newbie, as have been using 6.4 (and earlier) for many years.
I've just upgraded to 7.12.119, and have a few questions on how the new version works. Any help would be appreciated.
Using Win7, Thunderbird and Firefox

1) In 6.4 and before, when I minimised Mailwasher, it minimised to the Notification Area. 7.12.119 minimises to the taskbar.
Is there a way to minimise the programme to the Notification Area now?

2) Originally I could click a button to view the HTML.
It appears this is no longer the case, and the default is to view in MS Edge Webview.
Although Mailwasher works fine in WIN7 (as shown on the downloads page), MS Edge requires WIN10 / 11.
Is there a way to use Firefox to view HMTL of emails?

3) In 6.4, the recycle bin was just an icon on the top bar. In 7.12.119 it is not on the Inbox screen, but resides on a separate tab.
Can the tab be removed and the icon be placed on the Inbox tab (I suspect not, but it would be good if possible).

Thanks
Wizcrafts
Guardian Gecko

Re: Moved from 6.4 to 7.12.199 - Questions

Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:27 am

Griffin wrote:
Hi
Not exactly a newbie, as have been using 6.4 (and earlier) for many years.
I've just upgraded to 7.12.119, and have a few questions on how the new version works. Any help would be appreciated.
Using Win7, Thunderbird and Firefox

1) In 6.4 and before, when I minimised Mailwasher, it minimised to the Notification Area. 7.12.119 minimises to the taskbar.
Is there a way to minimise the programme to the Notification Area now?
With MailWasher Pro open, click on the Settings tab. Click on General in the left sidebar. Move over to "Application Settings" and check the option box to "Minimise to" > System Tray, then Save.
Griffin wrote:
3) In 6.4, the recycle bin was just an icon on the top bar. In 7.12.119 it is not on the Inbox screen, but resides on a separate tab.
Can the tab be removed and the icon be placed on the Inbox tab (I suspect not, but it would be good if possible).
Not to my knowledge. Mailwasher Pro has used tabs on top since version 7.
Submitted respectfully by Wiz.
Member of the MailWasher Beta Tester Team
Fighting spam by writing, updating and publishing MailWasher Pro custom filters.
See www.wizcrafts.net/mwp-filters.html
Wizcrafts
Guardian Gecko

Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:48 am

Griffin wrote:
Hi

2) Originally I could click a button to view the HTML.
It appears this is no longer the case, and the default is to view in MS Edge Webview.
Although Mailwasher works fine in WIN7 (as shown on the downloads page), MS Edge requires WIN10 / 11.
Is there a way to use Firefox to view HMTL of emails?

Thanks
I hope you are asking about using the HTML preview feature, not the View Source. Assuming that's what you want to know about, in my Windows 10 installation, which was upgraded from Windows 7, when I double click on an email in the MailWasher Inbox, or Recycle Bib, it opens in a pop-up window on the top-right of the monitor. If that message contains HTML content declarations, there will be a button to "View in HTML." You also (currently) have a button that will appear labeled: "Download Full Email" and a checkbox titled: "Show remote content." The remote content is usually images, but could be scripts and fonts. After downloading the full email, clicking on a link, or image that is linked should open that link in a new tab in your default browser. In my case that is the current version of Firefox. I tested this and that's what happened. But, for every rule there is an exception...

I discovered and reported a bug that would force certain emails to open their links in Edge, instead of Firefox! I think that bug has been fixed in a new beta version I am running. If not, it will be soon. The bug is triggered by what I can only describe as badly coded emails that have been copied and pasted from templates, or repackaged by gmail then sent to me. The source code reveals a lot of extraneous code additions that are invisible to me but are somehow triggering the preview window to open HTML links in Edge. If you don't have edge, nothing will open. But, the email should still open in the MailWasher preview window. Just make sure that Firefox has been selected as your default web browser for all HTML and related links.

The extraneous characters include the combination: "=3D" before a URL. This breaks the link from opening in Firefox.
Fighting spam by writing, updating and publishing MailWasher Pro custom filters.
Griffin
Rattled Rabbit

Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:48 pm

Brill, thanks Wiz.

One other quick question.

When closing MWP (using the X) I sometimes get a CLR20r3 error. Sometimes its OK.
Have you any hints on that please?
Wizcrafts
Guardian Gecko

Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:48 am

Griffin wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:48 pm
Brill, thanks Wiz.

One other quick question.

When closing MWP (using the X) I sometimes get a CLR20r3 error. Sometimes its OK.
Have you any hints on that please?
You should send error reports to Firetrust through the MailWasher Pro interface. Click on "Help", then "Send Support Logs". Type in a description of your issues, then make sure that a valid email account has been selected and click "Send Logs." They can diagnose what caused a crash better than we mere mortals.
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:16 am

Yes, CLR errors usually mean a windows .net error....

(MWPro uses this for its display)....

Try running the repair tool here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/downloa ... x?id=30135

Then run windows update to ensure your PC is fully up to date.

Restart afterwards.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”