How to auto blacklist email tagged as spam?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
stereodoc
Student Sheep

How to auto blacklist email tagged as spam?

Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:04 am

I would like MWP7 to auto blackist email that is automatically tagged as spam by MWP7. is it possible to do that?
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: How to auto blacklist email tagged as spam?

Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:22 am

After being repeatedly tagged — over a brief period of learning, MailWasher starts automatically blacklisting mails from that (tagged) Sender.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:30 am

After being repeatedly tagged — over a brief period of learning, MailWasher starts automatically blacklisting mails from that (tagged) Sender.
Blacklisting? Do you mean as in automatically adding it to the Blacklist?

If that is what you mean, then sorry, but no it doesn't.

If it did, my Blacklist will have many many entries.

MW will, after a period of learning, start identifying such spam as spam. But it will not automatically add it to your Blacklist. And frankly, I feel that is a good thing. No learning feature is perfect so false positives are always a possibility. So IMO, if you get emails that similar that often, it would be better to just create a filter for it.

I have one Filter called "Recurring spam". I frequently get spam emails sent to me but the "To" field will include my legitimate name but with the domain of "@aol.com". I have never used aol.com so I know those are spam messages. So I created a filter that tags any email sent with "@aol.com" as "Spam", "Always mark for delete".
Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Image Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
─────────────────────
stereodoc
Student Sheep

Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:00 am

That's what I was hoping but I have been dealing with the same garbage over and over and there is no learning so to speak. I have no idea if the spam I'm getting is the same sender or not. But I keep blacklisting the spam manually. If it doesn't learn to blacklist, I will keep on doing it manually.

I do have a question, I have ATT for email. If MWP identifies email as spam, does ATT tag it as spam from MWP as well? Something tells me no.

Thanks for the replies.
Digerati wrote:

If it did, my Blacklist will have many many entries.

MW will, after a period of learning, start identifying such spam as spam. But it will not automatically add it to your Blacklist. And frankly, I feel that is a good thing. No learning feature is perfect so false positives are always a possibility. So IMO, if you get emails that similar that often, it would be better to just create a filter for it.

I have one Filter called "Recurring spam". I frequently get spam emails sent to me but the "To" field will include my legitimate name but with the domain of "@aol.com". I have never used aol.com so I know those are spam messages. So I created a filter that tags any email sent with "@aol.com" as "Spam", "Always mark for delete".
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:27 am

Digerati wrote:
TrustFire wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:22 am

"Auto-blacklisting" and "adding a Sender to the blacklist" . . . are 2 entirely different terms — not to be confused with one another.

stereodoc wrote:
That's what I was hoping but I have been dealing with the same garbage over and over and there is no learning so to speak. I have no idea if the spam I'm getting is the same sender or not. But I keep blacklisting the spam manually. If it doesn't learn to blacklist, I will keep on doing it manually.
MailWasher will learn to blacklist only if the Sender is the same as the one being repeatedly tagged (marked) by the User.

You might want to play with filters, as well (just search the forums) — they would empower you with finer granular controls in your blacklisting routine.

stereodoc wrote:
I do have a question, I have ATT for email. If MWP identifies email as spam, does ATT tag it as spam from MWP as well? Something tells me no.

Thanks for the replies.
MailWasher and ATT act independent of each other . . . in their identification of spam.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”