Corrupt database?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Rwatking
It begins with a single step

Corrupt database?

Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:36 pm

I'm trying to restore mail items but on pressing the "Recycle Bin" and then the "Restore" tab I get an error generated telling me "Database Corrupted". Any ideas?
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Corrupt database?

Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:07 am

Backup your Friends List and Blacklist to a plain-text file:—
  1. (Navigate to) Settings >> Spam Tools >> Friends List >> (copy each entry . . . one-by-one.)
  2. (Navigate to) Settings >> Spam Tools >> Blacklist >> (copy each entry . . . one-by-one.)
For insurance — backup your MailWasher data using the following procedure:—
  1. (Navigate to) Help >> User Files...
  2. Close MailWasher and ensure that it is not hidden behind the SysTray Notification Area (or, running as a background process.)
  3. Copy all the contents from the User Files... directory to a secure location.
  4. Double-click the Cache folder to delete MWP.db3
Run MailWasher . . . it will recreate the deleted MWP.db3 — but, you would have lost your Friends List and Blacklist (just import them back into MailWasher from your plain-text backup.)

If your Corrupt Database issue is not resolved by the above procedure, you can go back to your original state by closing MailWasher {and terminating all (MailWasher) background processes} . . . then, copying the MailWasher data back to its original directory. ;)
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”