Weird connection issue

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
RickSuff
Rattled Rabbit

Weird connection issue

Tue May 09, 2023 11:32 pm

Mailwasher Pro 7.12.125 on Windows 10 Pro

For some reason I cannot figure out, Mailwasher is all of a sudden refusing to connect to an email account yet Thunderbird connects to the same account with no issue.

EXACTLY the same access information is in both Thunderbird and Mailwasher and it was working perfectly as it should until a couple of days ago.

I have tried deleting the account from Mailwasher and adding it again, but the problem still persists.

Is it possible that the server could be blocking the request from Mailwasher? Doesn't make sense to me as Mailwasher and thunderbird are on the same computer and using the same router/IP etc!

Would be grateful if someone could give me a clue please!

Thanks
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Weird connection issue

Wed May 10, 2023 12:16 am

You might want to specify . . . to which e-mail service you're facing the connection problem — perhaps someone else using the same service successfully . . . would pitch-in, with the solution. ;)
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Wed May 10, 2023 6:48 am

Another option is to delete/re-import/setup the account in MWPro again, it wont cause any email loss.

If no better, probably the best option here is to try deleting the problem email accounts and re-importing them....

(First though, click File>>Export and save a copy of your settings to file for a backup)

Open Mailwasher Pro and click, Settings>>Accounts, click your account and click, "Remove Account", click, "Yes, remove it", repeat for other account, close and restart Mailwasher Pro.

In Mailwasher Pro click, Settings>>Accounts "Import Account" and follow the directions.

If there are no amounts listed, cancel to exit this screen and click, Add Account, choose your account type and add account manually.

Full directions are available for this from here:

Mailwasher Pro >> Help >> Help Topics >> Settings Screen >> Accounts

Settings available here (for many ISP's but not private domains) if you need them: http://www.emailsettings.email/
RickSuff
Rattled Rabbit

Wed May 10, 2023 9:15 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. The email service is unlikely to have any other users as it is a private domain but the server is enterprise60.fastsecurehost.com

I'd already tried deleting and re-instating without success, and I have just tried deleting, closing down Mailwasher and re-creating, again with no luck....so it occurs to me to now try deletion, close MW and then reboot PC and re-create!
RickSuff
Rattled Rabbit

Wed May 10, 2023 9:38 pm

Hah! Somehow I'd got the server name wrong! Finally spotted that it should have been enterprise61, not enterprise60 . Doh!!

Apologies for wasting your time.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Wed May 10, 2023 10:33 pm

RickSuff wrote:
Hah! Somehow I'd got the server name wrong! Finally spotted that it should have been enterprise61, not enterprise60 . Doh!!
It's just one of the reasons we specifically ask for the name of the e-mail service. :)

RickSuff wrote:
Apologies for wasting your time.
Not at all, mate — we're just glad your issue is all sorted. :thumbsup
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”