MailWasher works very slowly

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
ebbek
Rattled Rabbit

MailWasher works very slowly

Fri May 26, 2023 1:28 am

I am currently evaluating MailWasher (Free) because my good, old Microsoft email gets lots of spam (between 10 and 40 per day).

My setup is as follows:
  • Windows 11 Pro.
  • Office 365 Family
  • MailWasher accesses my account using IMAP
The problem I see is that MailWasher does not process the incoming mail very often. Right now I have 30 unread spam mails in my Outlook inbox which MailWasher has not gotten round to take a look at. Nothing happens when I press the Check Mail button.

Is there some setting that I have overlooked?
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Re: MailWasher works very slowly

Fri May 26, 2023 5:19 am

Yes, MW should display any unread email (by default) on your email accounts inbox page as long as that email is still on the mail server.

If you check mail and no mail shows at all, yet there are new emails on the server, then the mail check must be failing for some reason.....

First, please open Mailwasher (MW) and click, Settings>>Accounts, click your account and click, "Remove Account", click, "Yes, remove it", close and restart MW

In MW click, Settings>>Accounts>>Add Email Account, type any name for this account you like, enter your email address and click Save.

On the next screen enter your email accounts password and click Save again.

(NOTE: for Microsoft accounts, (outlook, hotmail, msn, live etc) you will be asked for permission to allow MW access to the account, ensure you agree to this)

If it shows successful, click Save again on the outgoing tab then you are all set.

If still problems, I'd advise you send some logs as per below directions to support referring to this ticket:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=58197

- Use MW until you get the error or problem.
- Click Help>>Send Support Logs.
- Click "Send Logs"

Then, reply to this post to let me know the logs have been sent in case they do not arrive for any reason.
ebbek
Rattled Rabbit

Fri May 26, 2023 7:56 pm

gingbat wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 5:19 am
Yes, MW should display any unread email (by default) on your email accounts inbox page as long as that email is still on the mail server.

If you check mail and no mail shows at all, yet there are new emails on the server, then the mail check must be failing for some reason.....
No, that is not the problem. MailWasher does have contact with the server and once in a while it does manage to fetch a mail or two - it did get one this morning. However, it blithely ignored the 35 other spam mails that I can see in my Outlook inbox both on the PC and in Outlook for Android on my phone.

It also shows all the good mail that I have in my inbox so there is definitely a connection.
gingbat

Sat May 27, 2023 7:00 am

OK, try deleting then re-setting up the account first:

Open MWand click, Settings>>Accounts, click your account and click, "Remove Account", click, "Yes, remove it", close and restart MW.

In MW click, Settings>>Accounts>>Add Email Account, type any name for this account you like, enter your email address and click Save.

On the next screen enter your email accounts password and click Save again.

(NOTE: for Microsoft accounts, (outlook, hotmail, msn, live etc) you will be asked for permission to allow MW access to the account, ensure you agree to this)

If it shows successful, click Save again on the outgoing tab then you are all set.

If that is just the same, then please send the logs....
gingbat

Sat May 27, 2023 7:00 am

Just had another thought, check your antivirus programs email scanner to ensure it is not scanning incoming mail, as often this can interfere with mail checks....

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”