Hotmail account stopped working in MW 7 Pro

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
rbuswell
It begins with a single step

Hotmail account stopped working in MW 7 Pro

Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:40 am

I made no changes that I'm aware of in my Live (Hotmail) account. I am still able to log into my Live account via a browser and see my Hotmail emails there. MW will still download my Hotmail messages but throws an error when I try to delete Hotmail emails. Not sure how to troubleshoot this when I clearly am still using the correct credentials for Live.
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Re: Hotmail account stopped working in MW 7 Pro

Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:44 am

Possibly the option "move deleted emails to folder" is enabled and the server does not like/obey this causing an issue....?

Click Settings>>Accounts, click your email account>>Incoming tab>>Advanced, uncheck (IF checked) "Move deleted messages into folder" and click Save.

Restart MWP.

If no better, I think I'd try deleting the current Hotmail account from MWPro and setting it up again....

Open Mailwasher Pro and click, Settings>>Accounts, click your account and click, "Remove Account", click, "Yes, remove it", close and restart Mailwasher Pro.

In Mailwasher Pro click, Settings>>Accounts>>Add Email Account, type any name for this account you like, enter your email address and click Save.

On the next screen enter your email accounts password and click Save again.

(NOTE: for Microsoft accounts, (outlook, hotmail, msn, live etc) you will be asked for permission to allow MW access to the account, ensure you agree to this If it shows successful, click Save again on the outgoing tab then you are all set.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”