An unknown error has occurred. MailWasher is unable to determine the cause of this error.

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Re: An unknown error has occurred. MailWasher is unable to determine the cause of this error.

Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:11 am

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=58513

FT is aware and working on it. Hurry up and wait.
Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Image Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
─────────────────────
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Re: An unknown error has occurred. MailWasher is unable to determine the cause of this error.

Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:18 am

If you want your mail, you can right click on your system tray clock, manually set your clock to Nov 9, tell MWP to check your mail and it will work (may have to restart MWP first).

I would NOT leave your date days off. Change it back to today after MWP checks.
Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Image Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
─────────────────────
donandpam
It begins with a single step

Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:39 am

I'm amazed that this has been ongoing all day and still no post from support to advise what is happening.
Rover
Student Sheep

Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:42 am

My assumption , as the home office is in New Zealand and it is rather early on Monday there, they are now just getting to it
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:49 am

Hi there,
Very sorry about the problems Mailwasher Pro is currently having, (all mail checks fail, corrupt database messages etc) our developer is looking into what is happening now, unfortunately the problem occurred on Sunday afternoon when no-one was available to look into what was happening, was entirely unexpected, and we're not even sure how its possible as yet.....!

Still currently unsure of the cause, but hope to have it resolved soon.

In the meantime, options are to either not use MW for the meantime, OR, use an older version as below.

If you wish to to do this:

* please uninstall your current MWPro,
* cancel the question asking why you are uninstalling
* click YES when asked if you wish to save your user data,
* install this version:

http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... _12_25.exe

And it should work fine.

If you could also please do not respond to this unless still having problems with the above version and that'd be appreciated.

Cheers!
BruceT
Mystified Moa

Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:52 am

Changing date to the tenth worked for me :shock:
kaskade
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:04 am

Same with me, Germany. MW suddenly crashed. Notes: database corrupted; unknown error. Do not know what to do.
general714
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:28 am

kaskade wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:04 am
Same with me, Germany. MW suddenly crashed. Notes: database corrupted; unknown error. Do not know what to do.
* please uninstall your current MWPro,
* cancel the question asking why you are uninstalling
* click YES when asked if you wish to save your user data,
* install this version:

http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... _12_25.exe

And it should work fine.
mustang5.0
Mystified Moa

Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:45 am

dvdvnr wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:25 pm
Just to post that, as of this morning, I've had exactly the same issue. As suggested, changed the date back to yesterday and it's now working fine again.

David
But this is only a temporary, one-time fix. As soon as date and time go back to actual date/time, problem persists. I think.
renocpa
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:44 am

.... and Me! Circling circling circling "Logging into Work" annoying Windows tone every few minutes when it tried to read mail so I had to shut it off.
Help!
Prids
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:45 am

This fix referred to above worked for me in Win 11

In Control Panel, Uninstall MWP, making sure to select 'Yes' to save existing Data.
Go to MWP downloads and download mailwasher_pro_setup_7_12_25
Install it, making sure to accept the reinstallation of existing data.
In Settings > General > Updates and unselect automatic updates, until you read here that the fix has been done.
This worked perfectly on my machine and my wife's.
Thanks for the support.
jmprattmba
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:18 am

Still getting same error. Now also getting "database corrupted".
bdube
It begins with a single step

Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:29 am

I too have version 7.12.173 and it was working fine yesterday and then just crashed. Started it back up and seemed to work fine until this morning. Never had any problems in the past 8 or 10 years I have used this. I can get my email either through Charter (Spectrum) or Gmail, but those don't have the bounce ability and being able to wash mail without opening an email client was extremely useful. There are many posts regarding this same problem so I have to assume I am not alone. As I write this, the app is running but when I check mail it just sits there, says it's logging onto Charter.net, and then just stops. No spams, no mail, nothing. I have changed nothing, no updates of any kind since the last Windows update and Mailwasher worked just like it always has after that one. I have no knowledge but wouldn't think that checking mail requests are routed through Firetrust. The only other thing I could think of is if Spectrum is blocking Mailwasher, but trying to talk to someone there that has any knowledge of anything other than when they get to go home would be fruitless.
RicLloyd
Student Sheep

Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:58 am

Same here. Are they going to fix it?

Description: An unknown error has occurred. MailWasher is unable to determine the cause of this error.
David Jenkins
Student Sheep

Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:03 am

Same here. Irritating. Is there any place where FireTrust/MailWasher posts status/updates on active problems such as this?

(Will add that all my incoming mail appears to be bypassing MW and ending up in my Outlook Inbox, and so I am able to process incoming mail There is that...)

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”