MW .188 does not work for me

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
oldhonda
Active Albatross

MW .188 does not work for me

Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:59 am

Since day of installation, it hasn't worked. Keep getting the error "Failed to connect to pop3 server". Believe I've done due diligence and tried everything but going back to the previous version. If I select from Outlook, Download all folders, the mail will dl, but not with the help of MW. Can anyone help me correct this problem?
Old Retired Guy
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Re: MW .188 does not work for me

Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:28 am

Yes, seeing some issues with some yahoo, hotmail and AOL accounts, should have a update out soon..... if yours's is not one of these however, try this....

* Open Mailwasher Pro and click, Settings>>Accounts, click your account and click, "Remove Account", click, "Yes, remove it",

* Then click Help>>User Files, open the cache folder and delete the folder named, "MSAL".

* Close and restart Mailwasher Pro.

* In Mailwasher Pro click, Settings>>Accounts>>Add Email Account, type any name for this account you like, enter your email address and click Save.

* Click the Incoming tab and click "Sign in with... (your provider here)", follow the prompts and you'll be asked for permission to allow MW access to the account, ensure you agree to this.

(*NOTE: if the "sign in with ...." option does not show, enter your email account password and click Save)

* If it shows successful, click Save again on the outgoing tab, refresh folders on the IMAP tab (IF asked) and you are all set.
oldhonda
Active Albatross

Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:02 am

gingbat, would have NEVER figured that out without your help! SUCCESS!! And a hundred "Thank you's" with a nice pretty blue ribbon wrapped around it!
Old Retired Guy
gingbat

Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:18 am

Excellent! cheers!!
jpeckinp
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:24 am

Just to add I have had two of my ATT accounts switch back to SSL/TTS from OAUTH. It has only done it on the two and leaves the third alone. It has done this twice so far.
gingbat

Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:39 pm

Yes, that is odd, hopefully the update will fix this too, been told it's fixed, just waiting for the update to be sent to me.... any day now!!

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”