Downloading Message status

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Neilj99
Student Sheep

Downloading Message status

Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:13 am

Hi,

I've just upgraded to 2010.

I've noticed that the status bar appears to just sit there at Downloading Message 5 of 55 (from x) for example. This doesn't appear to be right to me.

The accounts were imported from 6.54.

Have I set something wrong?

Neil
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Downloading Message status

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:44 am

It shouldn't be doing that, try restarting MW and see if it makes any more progress. If it doesn't and you are checking more than one account try checking them one at a time to see if that works. If that is it you can set MW to always check that way in the options. If it isn't the Firetrust folks may want some more info from you to see what is wrong.
Neilj99
Student Sheep

Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:08 am

Log files sent to support.

N.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:14 am

If you're still having problems Neil, I would recommend to try disabling PIPELINING and see if that helps. You can do this under Settings >> Accounts >> select the Incoming tab for the account >> click Advanced >> try removing the check mark from "Enable for checking mail'".

If too you find MailWasher gets hung the same when you delete emails, there is another option in the same location "Enable for deleting mail"
Neilj99
Student Sheep

Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:31 am

Disabled checking pipelining.

Did the trick :bow

Feature request: Make that a global option. I just had to do that for 20+ accounts.

Many thanks.

N.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:52 am

It's difficult as MailWasher only uses PIPELINING if the server supports it, and when in use it's a lot faster to download emails.

The problem we've found, is that some ISPs I think are traffic shaping. I know my home ISP for a while was shaping email traffic and when I tried to use POP3 on Gmail or Work they would all do the same as above.

I expect this may be more common than we'd hoped for so we might need to consider how we handle things internally.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:57 am

Deal with it externally! - Buy a cricket bat and hire a rugby player to visit the idiot ISPs with it in hand?

THWACK - Fix your server. THWACK - THWACK - THWACK - THWACK - Now... Fix it now!
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:00 am

stan_qaz wrote:Deal with it externally! - Buy a cricket bat and hire a rugby player to visit the idiot ISPs with it in hand?

THWACK - Fix your server. THWACK - THWACK - THWACK - THWACK - Now... Fix it now!
Mmmmm, I looo-vvvve Draconian! :thumbsup (when I'm the one doing it! :bash :whip :devil :devil
Stealth is the Best Weapon.
15" MacBook Pro, OS X 10.10.5, 16GB RAM, w/ Parallels 11.x running Win7 SP1 Ultimate, Mozilla Thunderbird. All T'bird accnts: POP3. iPhone Mail Accounts IMAP. Unsubscrbd DNSBL.
And I'm: Just Another βeta-Tester.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”