One bug(?), one interface suggestion.

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
schnief
Prudent Pukeko
Location: How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

One bug(?), one interface suggestion.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:46 am

I think the image says it all, but just in case ...
This is a screenshot of my multi-monitor system; on the left is MWP 6.54, on the right MWP 2010.

6.5.4 "activates" the links correctly, 2010 doesn't.

Also, I find the vertical spacing between the lines of text in 2010 too big.

I hope this helps.
JoeG
MWP on nine computers, six with Win 10 Pro 2H22 x64 and three with Win 7 Pro SP-1 x64. All have Norton Security.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Re: One bug(?), one interface suggestion.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:22 am

schnief wrote:6.5.4 "activates" the links correctly, 2010 doesn't.
I hope this helps.
JoeG
I can't tell for sure from you screen cap but it appears that the link has an embedded space. That is a known issue with MWP2010 but the team has indicated that they have no way to tell if the space is the end or not.

Can you go to the Source Tab and then copy and paste the URL into this topic?
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
schnief
Prudent Pukeko

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:42 am

@Sidewinder: Thanks for your reply.

OK, here's the first URI from the source:

Code: Select all

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&&item=3D200489801068
I don't see a space; the problem seems to be the "=" sign.

And here's the second:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D200489801068&ssPageName=
=3DADME:B:WNA:DE:1123=20
Above, as you can see, the link is divided over two lines, but I don't know why. There are also some incorrect characters in the link that, somehow, the new version has added.

However, it's rendered correctly in MWP 6.5.4 as:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200489801068&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:DE:1123
You said: "That is a known issue with MWP2010 but the team has indicated that they have no way to tell if the space is the end or not."

There's no space in the link, and if it works OK in 6.5.4., I don't understand how or why it doesn't work in the new version.

Whatever the problem is, I'd say it better get fixed because I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who buys things on EBay. Being able to click the MWP EBay links is a big plus because you can get to your item fast if time is tight. If the links don't work, I'm going back to 6.5.4.

JoeG
Last edited by schnief on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MWP on nine computers, six with Win 10 Pro 2H22 x64 and three with Win 7 Pro SP-1 x64. All have Norton Security.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:36 am

schnief wrote: Also, I find the vertical spacing between the lines of text in 2010 too big.
JoeG
They are aware of the issue with the line height being too big and hopefully they will have a fix for us at some point. The problem is that the graphics used in the lines are too big when you go to a smaller zoom setting, the text shrinks but the graphic hits the line limits keeping it from getting smaller.

One really good suggestion (mine) was to have three sets of icons, tiny, normal and big and pick the ones that fit the chosen text size. That wouldn't bother folks that don't zoom but it would give folks that need big text bigger icons too and let us lovers of tiny text have matching icons.
schnief
Prudent Pukeko

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:54 am

@stan_qaz

Thanks, you're right on the money. I'm using the very smallest zoom level. Your suggestion sounds good.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:41 am

schnief wrote:@Sidewinder: Thanks for your reply.

OK, here's the first URI from the source:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0489801068

I don't see a space; the problem seems to be the "=" sign.

And here's the second:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... sPageName=
=3DADME:B:WNA:DE:1123=20

Above, as you can see, the link is divided over two lines, but I don't know why. There are also some incorrect characters in the link that, somehow, the new version has added.

However, it's rendered correctly in MWP 6.5.4 as:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... NA:DE:1123

You said: "That is a known issue with MWP2010 but the team has indicated that they have no way to tell if the space is the end or not."

There's no space in the link, and if it works OK in 6.5.4., I don't understand how or why it doesn't work in the new version.

Whatever the problem is, I'd say it better get fixed because I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who buys things on EBay. Being able to click the MWP EBay links is a big plus because you can get to your item fast if time is tight. If the links don't work, I'm going back to 6.5.4.

JoeG

P.S. I've just seen that in this forum online, the links appear with epenthesis (...). I don't know why; in the text box, they're typed completely and correctly.
The underlying links for your samples 1 and 3 are there in full form and should provide the development team with what they need. The second example does not include the portion on the second line of the forum post.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:50 am

schnief wrote: OK, here's the first URI from the source:

Just a suggestion on the forum's quirks, if you post stuff using the Code tags it won't get mangled the way Quote tags sometimes allow.
schnief
Prudent Pukeko

Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:52 am

My thanks for the two preceding posts.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:13 am

Gotta help the Student Sheep along!

I had to Google Weta, had no idea what the heck that was...
Weta.jpg
Weta.jpg (31.05 KiB) Viewed 11906 times
Not so sure I'd rather not be a sheep.
schnief
Prudent Pukeko

Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:59 am

stan_qaz wrote:Not so sure I'd rather not be a sheep.
There's a big demand for lamb chops. Weta burgers ain't gonna be "in" for the next millennium or so.
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:36 am

Hey Joe,

What would your cats do with something like this???? When they saw it, which way would they move ... Attack or Retreat????? :mrgreen:
Weta0002.jpg
Weta0002.jpg (27.08 KiB) Viewed 11893 times
Stealth is the Best Weapon.
15" MacBook Pro, OS X 10.14.6, 16GB RAM, Parallels install went kaput so no Windows version, Mozilla Thunderbird. All T'bird accnts: POP3. iPhone Mail Accounts IMAP. Unsubscrbd DNSBL.
And I'm: Just Another βeta-Tester.
MrBill
Prudent Pukeko

Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:41 pm

QuietOne wrote:Hey Joe,

What would your cats do with something like this???? When they saw it, which way would they move ... Attack or Retreat????? :mrgreen:
Weta0002.jpg
You wetas, always kidding around...
Bill Walton
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:00 pm

MrBill wrote:

Weta0002.jpg
You wetas, always kidding around...
I can think of a lot worse things we could be doing. :roll:
Stealth is the Best Weapon.
15" MacBook Pro, OS X 10.14.6, 16GB RAM, Parallels install went kaput so no Windows version, Mozilla Thunderbird. All T'bird accnts: POP3. iPhone Mail Accounts IMAP. Unsubscrbd DNSBL.
And I'm: Just Another βeta-Tester.
schnief
Prudent Pukeko

Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Weta0002.jpg
Hi QuietOne,

Two of them are eighteen years old and the other seventeen. I'm really not sure what they'd do, but at this point in their lives, the big concerns are eating, relaxing, and getting schmoozed, pretty much in that order.

I guess the weta might get a glance or two at the beginning, but as long as it didn't bother them, I don't think it'd get much further attention.

If you're interested about what my wife and I think, though, all I can say is that we've just canceled any travel plans we ever had to go to NZ.

By the way, when I started this thread, I never realized how apt the title "One bug(?) ..." would be. Upon reflection, I think that now I'd change the punctuation and make it "One bug([blink]![/blink]) ..."

:yuck
Last edited by schnief on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
schnief
Prudent Pukeko

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:11 pm

stan_qaz wrote:
schnief wrote: OK, here's the first URI from the source:

Just a suggestion on the forum's quirks, if you post stuff using the Code tags it won't get mangled the way Quote tags sometimes allow.
I've modified my previous post to include this newly acquired knowledge.

Who says you can't teach an old dog - errrr, cat lover - new tricks?

Wow, with this post I see I've been "upgraded" from a sheep to a tuatara!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuatara

And - for those of you who consider this idle chatter a distraction from the "serious work at hand" - this will be my last "off-topic" post (in this thread), unless "provoked". :P

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”