Mailwasher Pro 2010 problem with bellsouth/att POP accounts

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
claykin
Student Sheep

Mailwasher Pro 2010 problem with bellsouth/att POP accounts

Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:09 pm

I've been running MWP 2010 for the last couple months. I have several email accounts in my MWP including 3 xxx@bellsouth.net accounts (now AT&T powered by Yahoo). If I manually check any of my non bellsouth.net accounts everything works OK. When I check ANY of my bellsouth.net accounts Mailwasher will begin downloading messages and at some point it will stop and the program gets itself into a state where it won't check another account or be able to wash/delete emails. The GUI is navigatable, but the portion of the program that checks/deletes mail stops working. Nothing I do will allow it to begin checking or deleting messages until I close Mailwasher and reopen it.

Unfortunately, its only a matter of time (usually a few minutes) before MWP craps out again. I downloaded MWP 2010 (release version) to a second Win XP PC and have the same problem. Fresh setup, same problem.

I'm checking my bellsouth.net accounts using POP3 and using the recommended settings from bellsouth/at&t

POP - mail.bellsouth.net
port - 110
username - email name (without domain)
password - password

I've tried switching on/off many MWP settings, but that doesn't help. Even tried disabling pipeline, store cached emails, etc.

HELP!!!
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Mailwasher Pro 2010 problem with bellsouth/att POP accounts

Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:34 pm

Did you cut back on the number of accounts checked at once?
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:59 pm

stan_qaz wrote:Did you cut back on the number of accounts checked at once?
i.e. go to Settings - General - Checking Mail and in the "Check Throttle" section reduce the "Maximum number of simultaneous checks".

You may need to experiment a bit to see how many checks you can do on the bellsouth servers at once.
Windows 10
claykin
Student Sheep

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Automatic account check is disabled. I manually check each account individually. Tried setting Throttle to 1 and still same problem. When the issue occurs, it basically kills MWP's ability to check ANY email account (even non Bellsouth accounts).

There's some incompatibility between MWP and Bellsouth/AT&T (yahoo) servers.

Any other suggestions? yes, I've already tried to blow out the configuration and resetup MWP. Also, uninstalled and reinstalled. Tried 2 x PC's. 1 Win 7 x64 and the other Win XP SP3. Same issue.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:46 pm

Tomorrow when you fire MW up do a few checks and get some failures, send in the logs and add a link to this post in the notes section.Put in Beta as the ticket number and your report will go to rusticdog who is the firetrust person here on the forums.
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:07 pm

Please note: A password bug in the current version means that any #, $, <, > characters in your password will cause a fetch to fail at login :(

This bug has been fixed and a new release of MWP will arrive soon.
Annie.......... PC details
Mailwasher Pro βeta [v 7.12.39]
claykin
Student Sheep

Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:44 am

anniebrion wrote:Please note: A password bug in the current version means that any #, $, <, > characters in your password will cause a fetch to fail at login :(

This bug has been fixed and a new release of MWP will arrive soon.
I'm not using any special characters in my email password. Only letters and numbers.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:56 am

stan_qaz wrote:Tomorrow when you fire MW up do a few checks and get some failures, send in the logs and add a link to this post in the notes section.Put in Beta as the ticket number and your report will go to rusticdog who is the firetrust person here on the forums.
Do this one then. I'm up for another 3 hours probably :)
claykin
Student Sheep

Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:10 am

rusticdog wrote:
stan_qaz wrote:Tomorrow when you fire MW up do a few checks and get some failures, send in the logs and add a link to this post in the notes section.Put in Beta as the ticket number and your report will go to rusticdog who is the firetrust person here on the forums.
Do this one then. I'm up for another 3 hours probably :)
Support logs sent using MWP built in log submit tool. Ticket created yesterday is ROA-485090 and I sent in tthe logs using that ticket. So far I haven't received any response to the ticket but I see its assigned to Marcus. Hopefully you can find the logs....

Thanks

Scott
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:15 am

Hi Scott

Could you please try this version of MailWasher 1.0.2
http://mailwasherbeta.s3.amazonaws.com/ ... 072010.exe

It has a fix for large Base64 headers that seem to be the problem here, however it's largely untested by us as we haven't yet received any email samples to work with

Thanks
claykin
Student Sheep

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:27 am

rusticdog wrote:Hi Scott

Could you please try this version of MailWasher 1.0.2
http://mailwasherbeta.s3.amazonaws.com/ ... 072010.exe

It has a fix for large Base64 headers that seem to be the problem here, however it's largely untested by us as we haven't yet received any email samples to work with

Thanks
Downloaded last night. This beta is better and did successful check my mail accounts for a while. This morning I woke to find it in the same state as before. It won't check anything. I get the "Logging in to ....." message at the bottom left, but nothing comes in. Actually it may be worse as now I see the GUI is not navigatable. Its really crashed everything, but the GUI stays up. If I shutdown MWP and re-open the program begins working again. Argh!

Sending you another set of logs now.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:14 am

claykin wrote:Sending you another set of logs now.
nothing has arrived yet ?

did you include the beta ticket number....maybe send again just to be sure
claykin
Student Sheep

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:26 am

rusticdog wrote:
claykin wrote:Sending you another set of logs now.
nothing has arrived yet ?

did you include the beta ticket number....maybe send again just to be sure
I sent almost an hour ago. Its attached to ticket ROA-485090 assigned to Chris. I refreshed the Firetrust support screen and I see the logs are there.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:30 am

FFS :oops:

I didn't check my own support queue....
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:02 am

I can see where in the logs things went south, no idea why though. Programmers in bed :)

Basically a command failed around 00:30, put things in a spaz, the UI recovered and kept firing commands to the engine, which hadn't recovered....

Things I would personally do at this point is enable PIPELINING back, purely for speed and I don't think that was the problem to begin with. You also want to consider how important DNSBLs (origin of spam) are to you, if they aren't I would disable, again purely for speed.

We need to look at what command failed, why, and why the engine didn't recover.....

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”