Licence

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
greshoff
Travelling Tuatara

Licence

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:08 am

How long is the license valid for?
Last edited by greshoff on Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Re: Licence

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:10 am

12 months from purchase.
Annie.......... PC details
Mailwasher Pro βeta [v 7.12.39]
greshoff
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:12 am

So after 12 months I will no longer be allowed to use the program or will I no longer be able to update the program?
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:14 am

greshoff wrote:So after 12 months I will no longer be allowed to use the program or will I no longer be able to update the program?
MWP will cease to function, until another ~$10 (upgrade fee) is put on the meter.
Annie.......... PC details
Mailwasher Pro βeta [v 7.12.39]
greshoff
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:29 am

How do I apply for a refund ?
ataplow
It begins with a single step

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:07 am

When I got the e-mail with the $10 offer, nothing was said about this being an annual renewal -- just $10 for an upgrade.

This isn't the first time I've thrown away $10 --- the old 6.51 version works just fine, and this one doesn't seem to have a function which bounces spam.

I sort of fee suckered into this $10 upgrade, which seems more complicated and difficult to use than the previous version - fortunately I didn't overwrite the old one and will swallow the $10 and continue to use 6.51 forever rather than shell out $10 per year.
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:20 am

If you truly want to bounce messages, here's your answer although Firetrust and MWP no longer recommend it as a way to handle Spam. Most Spammers these days use forged addresses and if you bounce a Spam it generally just bounces back to whomever had their email address hijacked. But here's you answer:
Bounce.jpg
Bounce.jpg (40.14 KiB) Viewed 11304 times
Just highlight the message you want to bounce and check your right-click menu.
Last edited by QuietOne on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stealth is the Best Weapon.
15" MacBook Pro, OS X 10.14.6, 16GB RAM, Parallels install went kaput so no Windows version, Mozilla Thunderbird. All T'bird accnts: POP3. iPhone Mail Accounts IMAP. Unsubscrbd DNSBL.
And I'm: Just Another βeta-Tester.
DermanausdenBergen
It begins with a single step

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:20 am

ataplow wrote:When I got the e-mail with the $10 offer, nothing was said about this being an annual renewal -- just $10 for an upgrade.

This isn't the first time I've thrown away $10 --- the old 6.51 version works just fine, and this one doesn't seem to have a function which bounces spam.

I sort of fee suckered into this $10 upgrade, which seems more complicated and difficult to use than the previous version - fortunately I didn't overwrite the old one and will swallow the $10 and continue to use 6.51 forever rather than shell out $10 per year.

i agree to 100% to you. i was one of the first people who registered mailwasher. those people are the sucess for FT.

i will alsi use my 6.54 version. it is anoying that you have to pay FIRST foer 2010, and the AGAIN paying.

thats pitty. no support for Ft in futher products.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:00 pm

greshoff wrote:How do I apply for a refund ?
Email Support with your details if you want a refund.

There's a very long discussion here about the shift to a subscription service, http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=6272 and I'll see if we can improve various wordings to ensure it's clear.
esbglenn
Mystified Moa

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:40 pm

rusticdog wrote:

There's a very long discussion here about the shift to a subscription service, http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=6272 and I'll see if we can improve various wordings to ensure it's clear.
How about if I would like a refund for the difference between upgrade and full price - since I was never offered the upgrade and am a long time MW Owner and supporter - emails to support haven't been that helpful about this issue though admittedly I hadn't previously asked for that refund just tried to get someone to acknowledge I should have gotten an upgrade price :(
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:52 pm

esbglenn wrote:
rusticdog wrote:

How about if I would like a refund for the difference between upgrade and full price - since I was never offered the upgrade and am a long time MW Owner and supporter - emails to support haven't been that helpful about this issue though admittedly I hadn't previously asked for that refund just tried to get someone to acknowledge I should have gotten an upgrade price :(

Absolutely, either that or just ask Support to alter your renewal date to reflect the extra money paid. We didn't really think many would buy direct through the website, without trying the program first or that they'd use the Buy link in the software as this puts you into the Shopping Cart at the upgrade price. We were wrong on that...Newsletters are going out but we simply can't send fast enough without back logging the Support guys.
esbglenn
Mystified Moa

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:02 pm

rusticdog wrote:
esbglenn wrote:
rusticdog wrote:

Absolutely, either that or just ask Support to alter your renewal date to reflect the extra money paid. We didn't really think many would buy direct through the website, without trying the program first or that they'd use the Buy link in the software as this puts you into the Shopping Cart at the upgrade price. We were wrong on that...Newsletters are going out but we simply can't send fast enough without back logging the Support guys.
Actually I did use the demo first and did use the buy link - shortly after that an update came out :)
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:10 pm

Ah right, that first 1.0.0 version was a bit dodgy for the upgrade :facepalm
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:32 pm

Was slacking off regular tasks and doing some support emails, saw yours and have processed for you Glenn :thumbsup
esbglenn
Mystified Moa

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:16 am

Thanks - support promptly handled my email and I was pleased to use the "over payment" to extend our license - I am very happy :)
rusticdog wrote:
esbglenn wrote:
rusticdog wrote:

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”