Wash Button doesn't work

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
bertie11
Travelling Tuatara

Wash Button doesn't work

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:29 am

Just installed and ran MWP Pro 2010 but found that the one email classed as 'friend' refuses to clear from the inbox when I click on Wash Mail. I've tried about 10 times and it refuses to budge.

Also, the new version failed to pick up my old black list from the previous version and cleared out my old recycle bin. I had been trying to recover a deleted mail as well.
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Re: Wash Button doesn't work

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:32 am

You need to download the email into your email client, then do another fetch in MWP or wait for an auto-fetch.

The baclklist.txt file must be in the default folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MailWasherPro <- Windows Vista/Windows7

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\MailWasherPro
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (91.66 KiB) Viewed 11326 times
Last edited by anniebrion on Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:38 am

bertie11 wrote:Also, the new version failed to pick up my old black list from the previous version and cleared out my old recycle bin. I had been trying to recover a deleted mail as well.
You may need to transfer the blacklist from the old version to your user directory and then try the import again in the Settings.

Regarding the Recycle Bin if that message was there from an earlier day you just need to use the arrow on the top of the bin to widen the load dates.

If you uninstalled the old version manually you have to respond yes to Save Settings to preserve all of your settings and Recycle Bin content. If you just run the installer and let it install "over the top" all should have been preserved.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
bertie11
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:42 am

I manually checked for new mail 5 times but the mail still won't disappear, and trying Wash again.

Although I got my friends list imported there is no blacklist, even using Import.
bertie11
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:46 am

Sidewinder

I installed over the top expecting it to pick up all the old settings. There is nothing in the Recycle bin, no black list and can't get rid of mail with Wash or Mail Check.

Not doing very well right now.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:47 am

Just a short note of explanation. When you do a Wash with MWP it first deletes all msgs so marked from your mail server, puts the msg fragment into your recycle bin and then transfers control to you email program. You tell you email program to transfer the message from the server to your mail program and delete if from the server. When that happens MWP on it's next Check Mail will find the message removed and remove it from the grid.

Note: there is a bug somewhere in the grid code that will make it look like a message is there but you cannot clear it or perform any actions on it. It only exists as pixels on the screen. The only way to clear this condition is to close MWP and restart it.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:48 am

@bertie11

When you say "installed over the top", do you mean WMP5/6 to WMP2010?
Annie.......... PC details
Mailwasher Pro βeta [v 7.12.39]
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:50 am

Another note. If you have your email application configured to leave the mail on the server then MWP will find it on every fetch. I have my LT configured that way so that I don't lose the messages or have to sync when I get home.
bertie11
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:02 am

Ah, just opened MWP Pro from the system tray and the mail has finally gone.

Sidewinder, thanks for the explanation, I understand more now. As long as the messages go eventually!

Yes, I have Thunderbird set up to leave them on the server for 7 days. Mainly because my ISP is messing up and losing mail for me, but also so I can pick up from my laptop.

anniebrion

Yes. I can't remember what version it was, but I only bought it about 3 months ago.
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:04 am

I don't remember the Recycle bin being imported from the older MWP to the new MWP2010, You can keep both installed at the same time, they install in different folders, so you can still access the old recycle bin entries.

Just switch off any auto fetches etc... in the old version.
Annie.......... PC details
Mailwasher Pro βeta [v 7.12.39]
bertie11
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:14 am

Looks like I no longer have an old version!

Looks like square one time.
bertie11
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:45 am

I just found the old version but the recycle bin was empty. I know who the mail was from and I asked him to resend it.

I've now removed the old version, so I will start a new blacklist.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:24 pm

Just a note, there is no reason to uninstall the old MW, it and the new version will both happily live on the hard drive together, you can even run them both at the same time with no problems.

If you did not install the old MW in the default directory there may be a bug preventing the new MW from finding the old data to import.

Hopefully we will get an option to hide mail that has been marked as read at some point, that will let you keep your mail on the server without having to look at it. There is already a local cache built into the new MW that will keep it from having to re-download all the mail that it has already seen making that a much faster operation than on the old MW. For it to work optimally you need to enable it on each account:
cache1.png
cache1.png (5.9 KiB) Viewed 11300 times

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”