Upgrading from vista to win 7 with MWpro installed

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
aquaplus
Mystified Moa

Upgrading from vista to win 7 with MWpro installed

Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:22 pm

I am upgrading from vista to win 7 via the upgrade method and not the reinstall method. I ran windows advisor and it didn't mention anything about mailwasher pro at all and was wondering if i should uninstall it before upgrading or can i leave it alone? Also, i think there will be no more outlook express with win 7. Will mailwasher pro work with windows live email?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Upgrading from vista to win 7 with MWpro installed

Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:28 pm

I'm not aware of any problems with the upgrade. As the folder paths are the same, you shouldn't lose data.

Windows Live Mail is fine, you may just want to check afterwards in the WLM account setup that it isn't leaving emails on the server after downloading, as it seems to default to this behaviour which many users don't actually want.
aquaplus
Mystified Moa

Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:17 am

Thank you!
aquaplus
Mystified Moa

Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:24 am

rusticdog wrote:I'm not aware of any problems with the upgrade. As the folder paths are the same, you shouldn't lose data.

Windows Live Mail is fine, you may just want to check afterwards in the WLM account setup that it isn't leaving emails on the server after downloading, as it seems to default to this behaviour which many users don't actually want.
Yes the messages are left on the server and not downloaded to windows live mail. What is wlm account setup and how can i corect this problem? thanks in advance.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:14 am

aquaplus wrote:
rusticdog wrote:I'm not aware of any problems with the upgrade. As the folder paths are the same, you shouldn't lose data.

Yes the messages are left on the server and not downloaded to windows live mail. What is wlm account setup and how can i corect this problem? thanks in advance.
Read through this to make a change.
http://support.tigertech.net/windows-live-mail-lmos
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”