Installation Directory

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Jayhawk
Student Sheep

Installation Directory

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:12 am

When I started the installation of the New MailWasher version it was going to install in the same directory as the old version. Is this going to destroy the old version or should I install into a different directory? Also, does the installation of the new version pick up my email server settings from the old version?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Installation Directory

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:16 am

Really, I thought we'd made it so it would install in another folder ....the old should be in \MailWasherPro\

I wouldn't install in the same 'MailWasher' folder as that could cause conflicts, worse if you uninstalled one of the programs as it might remove vital components.

The importer will take some common settings from the old version and your accounts, it's a bit hit and miss I'm afraid if your passwords get imported.

Cheers
Jayhawk
Student Sheep

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:28 am

rusticdog wrote:Really, I thought we'd made it so it would install in another folder ....the old should be in \MailWasherPro\

I wouldn't install in the same 'MailWasher' folder as that could cause conflicts, worse if you uninstalled one of the programs as it might remove vital components.

The importer will take some common settings from the old version and your accounts, it's a bit hit and miss I'm afraid if your passwords get imported.

Cheers
Your are right of course. I just did not detect the "Pro" as not part of the new directory name. I am old fart.. Sorry to bother. I installed new version and it works fine...Thanks
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:31 am

That's quite alright, I had visions of catastrophic MailWasher installs and uninstalls when you said that, so the old-fart reason is fine by me :thumbsup

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”