Filter searching

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Spurred On
Student Sheep

Filter searching

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:51 am

This post may end up going to the Suggestions forum, but I wanted to make sure the function does not already exist before I post the suggestion.

Is there a way to search the Filters? I can open the filters xml file in Firefox and various other external programs, but it would be simpler to perform Filters, Friends and other list searches from within MailWasher itself, then edit or delete the located entry or add a new entry at that place in the list.

I really like the new Filters wiki. Being able to group filters under meaningful headings and colors makes sorting through incoming e-mails much easier to perform, rather than the previous versions method of all entries just being listed as "filtered".

Tony
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Filter searching

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:24 am

Filters Wiki? Got a link to that?

There isn't a search for the filters, if you think it worthwhile do add a suggestion http://suggest.firetrust.com/
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
Spurred On
Student Sheep

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:28 am

Thanks for your reply stan_qaz. I didn't think there was a built in way to search the filters, but there are a lot of new features and enhancements in MW 2010, and I could easily have missed what I was looking for.

(I meant widget, not wiki, thinking program component, but that's not quite correct either. Probably should just have said thingy.)

Tony
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:47 am

I do that myself from time to time, hoped I'd missed a feature that they had added to the Firetrust main site. :-)

I'm thinking a filter search would be handy, I have several filters that are lists of 100 or so e-mail addresses and it is hard to figure out which address is in which list.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”