Failure after installation of new version

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
mlrichardson
Active Albatross

Failure after installation of new version

Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:09 pm

When I started MWP this morning, I received the prompt for a new version. I elected to install the new version, and then ran it. But, this afternoon, when I tried to start MWP (the new version) I received this message in a message window:

Cannot convert string '(xcdg:DataGridVirtualizingPanel.ItemIndex)' in attribute 'Path' to object of type 'System.Windows.PropertyPath'. Could not load file or assembly 'Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.ThemePack.1, Version=3.7.10308.14440, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ba83ff368b7563c6' or one of its dependencies. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070570) Error at object 'System.Windows.Data.Binding' in markup file 'MailWasherPro;component/mailgridandpreview.xaml'.

After I receive the message and clear it, nothing else happens. Which means MWP is not functional for me presently. Before I just up and download a new copy of MWP and install it, I figured I'd better send this post and allow whomever to view the error message and see what they want to do.
Mike Richardson
MS Windows 10 Pro
Vipre Internet Security
Firefox 27.0, Thunderbird 24.3.0, MWPro, WP Office X3

Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.
Mark Twain
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Failure after installation of new version

Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:29 pm

In your C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Firetrust\MailWasher\ can you look for an error.log file and send me that. Email to forum@firetrust.com

Thanks
mlrichardson
Active Albatross

Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:13 am

Since there was no "error.log", I sent, instead, the one and only log file, which was generated on installation. In it I could see the point at which things went south. The only problem was it didn't say why!

So... I figured the answer was a reinstall, and downloaded the new version from this forum. When I started the install, I was asked if I wanted to repair the existing installation. A "yes" got me an installed MWP that was complete and functional. Can't ask for more than that! The repaired installation also included all the right information concerning my registration and the date at which I will need to re-subscribe. Even better.

Although I can't prove anything one way or the other, I doubt my problem had anything to do with the installation of the latest version of MWP, or MWP in general. I just figure something happened to the data on the disk where MWP's info is stored, and that caused the problem that lead to a non-functional installation. With well over a Terabyte of storage in this system, the chance of something going wrong somewhere is at least a possibility. That plus the fact I have a defragging app that runs whenever the system is idle kind of pushes up the odds. Just a coincidence it hit where it did. Having been a beta tester for all these past months, though, made me question the installation first.
Mike Richardson
MS Windows 10 Pro
Vipre Internet Security
Firefox 27.0, Thunderbird 24.3.0, MWPro, WP Office X3

Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.
Mark Twain
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:52 pm

Yup great, got the log file and sent to programmer.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”