Task bar icon and text color

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
donarden
Rattled Rabbit

Task bar icon and text color

Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:23 am

I checked the box for the MW icon to go to the Task Bar when I exit Mailwasher, but it doesn't. It's so much handier to have the icon there instead of sitting on the desktop. Also, is there anyway to have the text color black instead of white for a selected message. It's really hard for me to read the white against green.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Task bar icon and text color

Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:30 am

I'm not sure what button you are talking about, MW removes its entry from the task bar and the system notification area when it exits, I don't see any other option.

If you want an icon to start MW when it is not running put into the quick-launch area you can just drag and drop to get it there or at the next upgrade check the box to have the installer add it for you.

There is another topic here on colors, you might want to join in there, I think your suggestion might fit in with the other changes.

http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.ph ... 05&start=0
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:38 am

donarden wrote: Also, is there anyway to have the text color black instead of white for a selected message. It's really hard for me to read the white against green.
Try changing the Opacity slider under Quick Display on the top RH side to increase the contrast.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:42 am

donarden wrote:I checked the box for the MW icon to go to the Task Bar when I exit Mailwasher, but it doesn't. It's so much handier to have the icon there instead of sitting on the desktop.
MWP Minimize.png
MWP Minimize.png (48.85 KiB) Viewed 5621 times
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:24 am

donarden wrote:I checked the box for the MW icon to go to the Task Bar when I exit Mailwasher, but it doesn't.
If you are really wanting to exit the program then you can manually place the desktop icon by dragging it to the Quick Start area of the task bar for future use.
donarden
Rattled Rabbit

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:59 am

Previous versions of MW allowed you to have the MW icon in the section at the right side of the task bar. All you had to do was click that when you minimize to put it there. There's an option to check that with this version - it just doesn't do it.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:09 am

donarden wrote:Previous versions of MW allowed you to have the MW icon in the section at the right side of the task bar. All you had to do was click that when you minimize to put it there. There's an option to check that with this version - it just doesn't do it.
Mine is minimized there with the radial button checked for System Tray.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:34 pm

donarden wrote:Previous versions of MW allowed you to have the MW icon in the section at the right side of the task bar. All you had to do was click that when you minimize to put it there. There's an option to check that with this version - it just doesn't do it.
You mean by your clock right ? That's the System Tray....so you want to set MW to minimise there instead.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”