Back to 6.54 for me!

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
rappleby
Mystified Moa

Back to 6.54 for me!

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:23 am

I have just requested a refund for the new MailWasher Pro and I thought I would share my comments with the community:

Nope - I'm sorry - I tried the new Mailwasher again, and I just don't like it. I'm going back to my old lifetime version. Please issue a refund.

I own Benign, Encrypt and Mailwasher Pro and although I am not using Benign or Encrypt I still like the software and do not regret my purchase. In fact, up until my experiences with the new Mailwasher Pro, I purchased anything that you produced - sight unseen - simply because I had faith in Firetrust and the quality and performance of your software. I purchased the new Mailwasher immediately on its release but I found it to be slow and also felt that it did not have adequate display options so I requested and received a refund.

When I saw that you had produced a new release with improved options for the UI, I decided to give it another try because, at that point in time, I still had faith in the quality and performance of your software and Firetrust. Initially, I could see that there were improvements in the UI and a little improvement in the speed; however, I am (once again) regretfully returning Mailwasher Pro for a refund because every time I use it, I experience the following:
1. there is still a lag in reaction time from when you click delete (the garbage can) to the time that it actually marks the record;
2. it is not as fast in processing mail as my older Mailwasher Pro;
3. When you process mail, there is a lag in updating and disappearance of Mailwasher;
4. Every time I use the new Mailwasher Pro and experience these quirks, the thought that I am going to have to pay $9.95 every year for these annoyances gives me pause for thought about my decision to purchase the software; and,
5. Although the second license was "FREE", if I actually use it, I will have to pay $9.95 every year for that one as well.

While the dollar amount of $9.95 is insignificant on an annual basis, I know that it would irk me to pay that twice every year for software that I am not completely satisfied with.

Quite honestly, I wouldn't have any problem with paying $9.95 a year to support Firetrust if I was happy with the software; however, if I was carrying on with the new Mailwasher, I would want the $9.95 to cover renewal of BOTH licenses.

It's a real shame, because cosmetically, the product looks much nicer than the original Mailwasher Pro, but cosmetic improvements do not compensate for the many nagging annoyances that bother me every time I use the product. If a performance hit is the price you have to pay for the pretty face, I'll stick with the plain Jane.

In a way, I feel sort of pissed at the company as well, because my thought process is - "C'mon you write better software than this!"

I will miss the nicer interface - especially when I am finished migrating everything to Windows 7.

When Nick started this company, there was a more personal feel about the relationship between vendor and customer with the newsletters that came from him (I believe, Monthly). Please do not misunderstand - any time I have had to deal with support, I have always been more than pleased with the response and service. It has always been exemplary.

Please forward a copy of my comments to Nick with my regrets and issue a refund at your earliest convenience.

I do not object if Nick (or anyone else) wants to discuss my feedback further through email.

Best Regards,
(regretfully) Ray Appleby
Jayhawk
Student Sheep

Re: Back to 6.54 for me!

Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:57 am

I totally agree with your evaluation of MW Pro. I purchased it in October 2010 and as you stated I like the interface, but the reaction time to clicks is very, very, very slow. I don't care about the refund, but I a also am going to return to the old version. Sometimes you have to admit defeat and move on.
fluXXXion
Student Sheep

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:34 pm

Totally agree, too.

Just want to add that it is still not possible to disable cleartype in the current 2011 release.
I have disabled Cleartype on Windows 7 completely, MW is the only software amongst about 40 programs installed that hurts my eyes.

Have you seen that Firetrust still ofers MW 6.x on the start page? Honi soit qui mal y pense...
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:50 am

http://forum.firetrust.com/posting.php? ... 50&p=45858

Why wouldn't they keep offering version 6?
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
fluXXXion
Student Sheep

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:36 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:02 am

fluXXXion wrote:
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
No, it isnt!
Beta tester.. oh well! ;)..
Mobile phone: Moto G5 on Android 8
MWP FAQ
¡Nederlandstalige gebruiksaanwijzing!
...Imagine all the people, sharing all the world...

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”