Jan 2011 MW newsletter (copy and questions)

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Jan 2011 MW newsletter (copy and questions)

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:22 pm

Below is a copy of the Jan 2011 MW newsletter I got, it always seems that some folks get their late and a few don't arrive so I thought I'd post it here along with my questions.

Questions on the "Lifetime" license section:
gives you full access to all future versions of MailWasher Pro i.e. when MailWasher Pro 2012, 2013, 2014 etc... come out it won’t cost you a cent to upgrade
-- What will be the criteria for deciding that a change, like the one form MailWasher Pro version 6 to Mailwasher Pro 2010 has occurred and that a new fee will be charged?

-- Is there a promise for the number of years (minimum) before there is another version of MailWasher released that will require a new license?

-- Will there be a discount for current users and lifetime licensed users if/when an upgrade that needs a new license is released?

In any case the lifetime upgrade looks to make sense from a cost and hassle standpoint if you are happy with MailWasher and intend to keep using it for a few years. The only time it wouldn't be a good deal is if there was an upgrade requiring a new license prior to five years and you decided to upgrade.

-- Does the Lifetime license apply to only one system or does it apply to a desktop and laptop that will both be used by the same user?

Jan 2011 MW newsletter

Dec 2010 / Jan 2011
In this issue:

* MailWasher Pro 2011 Released
* New lifetime license plan!

MailWasher Pro 2011 Released

MailWasher Pro 2011 released! For those who have already made the transition to the 2010 version, this upgrade is 100% free. An update wizard should automatically display within MailWasher, if not simply go to Help » Check for Updates.
MailWasher2011 Released!
If you are still using the old MailWasher Pro, we highly recommend downloading MailWasher Pro 2011 and giving it a try.

Since the release of 2010, we’ve been keeping a close eye on your feedback, suggestions, bug reports and concerns and have updated MailWasher accordingly. MailWasher Pro 2011 is the result of all of these fixes and much more!

It’s faster and more responsive, it has a cleaner more simplified (and less cartoonish) interface, it’s easier to understand and comes with some really cool new customization features. So as they say, “out with the old, and in with the new!”

Download MailWasher Pro 2011
For further info about MailWasher Pro 2011 check out the What's New Page.

New lifetime license plan!

No more subscription fees! Many of you told us you wanted ongoing updates, support etc but didn't feel comfortable with the idea of an annual subscription fee.

So we've introduced the MailWasher Pro lifetime license which gives you free updates and support, free upgrades to all new versions and most importantly exempts you from any annual fees for the lifetime of the product!

So what does “lifetime” exactly mean? Quite simply, this plan gives you full access to all future versions of MailWasher Pro i.e. when MailWasher Pro 2012, 2013, 2014 etc... come out it won’t cost you a cent to upgrade nor will you ever have to pay another annual subscription fee.

If this sounds like you, we recommend upgrading to a lifetime license plan.

Upgrade to lifetime license

On a final note, we would like to thank you all for being great customers and hope you had a very happy Christmas and wish you a rewarding new year.

Best wishes

Nick Bolton
and the team at Firetrust.com
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Jan 2011 MW newsletter (copy and questions)

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:56 pm

-- What will be the criteria for deciding that a change, like the one form MailWasher Pro version 6 to Mailwasher Pro 2010 has occurred and that a new fee will be charged?
Without putting words in The Big Cheese's mouth. I expect the criteria would be down the the origin of the product. As MailWasher 2010:2011 was a rewrite, and no old code was used, that was considered to be a new product. Any updates to this version would always be considered to be part of the MailWasher 20xx family and thusly covered by the Lifetime License.

-- Is there a promise for the number of years (minimum) before there is another version of MailWasher released that will require a new license?
Nothing in concrete, but the thought of rewriting MailWasher again sends shivers down our spines. It *really* isn't something we want to be doing again. The MailWasher 20xx will be kept going as long as we can, we got 9? years out of the old MailWasher and many folk are still happy using that. So at this stage, even the thought of another newer MailWasher isn't on the horizon.

I personally feel you'd need a fundamental shift in home computing to force another newer MailWasher, it's not something we'd voluntarily do.

-- Will there be a discount for current users and lifetime licensed users if/when an upgrade that needs a new license is released?
As above, I just don't see another newer MailWasher even being considered. However if one was to be, then there had better be some <expletive deleted> generous discounts.

-- Does the Lifetime license apply to only one system or does it apply to a desktop and laptop that will both be used by the same user?
It applies to the previous policy, so that's good for 2 computers.

There are also the future projects that have to be considered. A portable version for USB, Linux/Mac etc...
My current understanding and expectation is that any portable version would be considered free for existing users, so I can only presume the License would be extended so something like 2 computers + 1 portable device.
Likewise the same license should apply to Linux/MAC, so the existing 2 computer License could be one Windows machine, one Mac.....or two Linux machines etc....although a Linux/Mac version would require a fair amount of work, it would be using the same core engine.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:02 pm

Thanks, that is good news.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
Gniblett
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:46 am

Pardon me but I am a bit confused :roll:

When I upgraded from the old MailWasherPro to MailWasher Pro 2011 I paid for a new licence, which had a much shorter string of characters than the old "lifetime licence" used for previous versions of MailWasher and would have to be renewed each year to have the benefit of First Alert.

Am I correct in understanding that the Lifetime Licence, will mean that I would no longer have to renew the First Alert part of the licence each year? So all updates to MWP 20XX will be available to me in the years ahead much as the updates to the older version of MailWasher have been over the past years??

If so it sounds like a good idea.
Using: Windows 10 Home (64 bit) v 1511
MailwasherPro 7.7.0
Kaspersky Internet Security 16.0.1.445(b)
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:46 am

Gniblett wrote:Pardon me but I am a bit confused :roll:

When I upgraded from the old MailWasherPro to MailWasher Pro 2011 I paid for a new licence, which had a much shorter string of characters than the old "lifetime licence" used for previous versions of MailWasher and would have to be renewed each year to have the benefit of First Alert.
The old v6 MW license had two parts, a lifetime use of the basic program license and an optional annual subscription to the FA system. The new MW has an annual license for use of the entire program which includes the FA tool as a component, not as an extra cost tool.

The 201X MW license is not just to have FirstAlert available but to be able to use the Mailwasher application. There is no fee for using FA in the 201X series of MW, FA access is included in the annual or lifetime licenses to use the entire MW program.

Am I correct in understanding that the Lifetime Licence, will mean that I would no longer have to renew the First Alert part of the licence each year? So all updates to MWP 20XX will be available to me in the years ahead much as the updates to the older version of MailWasher have been over the past years??

If so it sounds like a good idea.
The lifetime license will allow you to continue using the 201X version of MW as long as you care to use it in contrast to the standard annual license that must be renewed each year to be able to use MW, it isn't just updates but the actual ability to be able to run the MW program that will expire if the license period has ended.
--
Gniblett
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:56 am

Thanks for explaining that for me Stan_qaz :D
Using: Windows 10 Home (64 bit) v 1511
MailwasherPro 7.7.0
Kaspersky Internet Security 16.0.1.445(b)

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”